Replies

Cisco SX80 Codec ERROR: Camera Pairing

rodeostore
Level 1
Level 1

On camera 2 I get the error message "

ERROR: Camera Pairing
Camera pairing failed: lost connection with camera

if I get it connected it stays connected for less than 15 minutes before it drops offline.

6 Replies 6

Roger Boe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you tell us more about the setup? Do you have the cameras Ethernet directly connected to the SX80, or do you have a switch between?

What software version are you running on the SX80?

Can you attach the logs? You can download those from the Web interface of the SX80.

Roger

I have ran both straight to the Codec and through a switch. Software is on the latest version. I'm thinking it's just a piece of junk camera!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some simple things you can try:

Check that your ethernet cable is plugged in securely at both ends.

If the problem persists, try another, known working cable between the two and see if the error stays or goes away.

Swap Camera 1 and Camera 2 around to see if the issue stays with the camera, or the connection.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Re-terminated the cables. Swapped power supplies, swapped cameras and this camera still will temporarily connect then disconnect.

If that's the case, and the issue is following the camera, no matter which connection or cables you're using, it very much sounds like a faulty camera.  I'd suggest you log a call with the TAC for a replacement.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

My new Precision 60 to the Cisco SX80 will not stay paired. lights flash like this on the port (both 2 and 3) at the codec:
: Ethernet connected directly to codec from camera- tested with another cat5 cable- through ceiling, connected the light on left hand side of port flashes green, right hand side nothing, then two solid amber lights left/right, then light left amber light flashes as the right hand side amber stays solid, they both lights turn off and nothing, then process repeats itself. There is an audible tone of non-connectivity and shows “no camera connected” as well as “Camera HDMI 1 disconnected”
Does this light pattern indicate anything?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: