Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TCS - Video Conference Recording

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

One of our customer has TelePresence enviroment with VCS Control, VCS Expressway, MCU, TCS and TP endpoints.

When we try to record conferencing which is hosted on MCU, "Recording" screen also recorded as quarter part of screen.

I added TCS while calling H.323 ID from an endpoint which is already at a conference.

Thats why, "Recording" screen showns endlessly at record.

Is there any way not to record "Recording" screen on conference calls?

PS : when i made a point to point call to TCS from an endpoint, i could record without "Recording" screen.

Thank you,

Mesut

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mesut -

You can keep the "Recording" screen of the TCS from being captured when using an MCU by turning off the video for that particular endpoint on the MCU.

We have an MCU 8510, and the option to mute the incoming video for enpoints, including the TCS, for me looks like this:

Stop video from this participant Prevent others from seeing this participant's video contribution (like camera mute).

Thank you Patrick for your answer.

But, the video endpoint which i started to recording, is one of the conference participants.

How could i mute video for that endpoint? That endpoint should stay on conference and video should be available.

Mesut.

Look at the TCS as "just another end-point" and add it to the conference on the MCU, you can either dial into the conference from the TCS, or better, have the MCU connect to the appropriate recording alias on the TCS at the same time it connects to the other participants. This way you will be able to mute the video, otherwise the answer is "no, you can't mute the video">

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there a way to add TCS via an enduser/telepresence device to record a conference?

To adding at MCU, admin must dial-out on MCU or dial-in at TCS, that means admin must be available whenever a conference start. I think it is not suitable.

Regards,

Mesut

One method that will work, is you can schedule the recordings if you had TMS.  As you don't have a TMS server, or noted one in your first post.  You could add the various TCS alias to your MCU as endpoints, and schedule the various conferences/recordings within the MCU web interface to dial out to the pre-configured TCS aliases/endpoints that are set to mute their video on connect.