Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence C20 upgrade

Hi Guys,

one of our customers have just re-activated the service contract on a C20 video endpoints and he asked us to upgrade it.

I was quite disappointed looking at the actual release software... 2.0! However i haven't seen any upgrade path specified on the release notes... so i just proceeded with the last software version. The upgrade was just fine, the system rebooted and the web interface came back online (was doing this remotely)...but now i'm prompted for a user and a password.. even if there was no password before the upgrade.

I have tried  some "classic" default logins: admin\cisco  admin\TANDBERG admin\CISCO    (also using administrator)... but it always fails.

The only thing i haven't tried yet is a "blank" login ( unfortunately i cannot try it now due to a timezone problem).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Salim Ghoggal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

Try with login = admin and password = blank

After that if you want to change the password (recommended) clic on admin in the right corner and change password.

Hope it can help.

Regards

Salim

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Salim Ghoggal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

Try with login = admin and password = blank

After that if you want to change the password (recommended) clic on admin in the right corner and change password.

Hope it can help.

Regards

Salim

Hi Salim,

thanks for your help, that was my thought as well... unfortunately i will not able to try that until tomorrow.

Regards

Hi Salim,

finally i had a chance to log on the device, and yes, it was admin and password blank.

However i got one more problem...the codec seems to work fine, we can place and receive calls...but everytime we try to access the system configuration i got a message

"Internal server error" : the server could not properly process the request.

And then the system reboot.

Have you ever experience a problem like this?

Please consider this system was passing from version 2...to version 7.1.1...i'm fearing some kind of incompatibility, but i have read on the release notes that there is full backward compatibility.

Hi Dan,

Honestly I never get this message and symptom.

I  have a C20 with the same release and it work fine.

Is the C20 registered to a GK or do you have a special configuration ?

Maybe you have to open a ticket with the TAC.

They will ask you for xconfig and xstatus files.

Best regards

Salim

I have a C20 with the same issue right now. It is working fine, but attempting to access the web interface i see only the "internal server error" notification. I'm nervous to leave the unit in production in, as it feels a bit like flying blind, with no ability to monitor call stats or affect the system's configuration. Would love some insight on how to resolve this. My unit is no longer under service, which is rough as the C20 is EOS. Anyone have any ideas? Bueller?

You can try pushing another softwre upgrade to it.

Note: while the C20 may be end of sale, if you've previously ahd a service contract on it, you can still renew that service contract up until 1 November 2017, as per the EoS notice.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: