Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence C40 Video Quality issue

Hi Cisco Expert,

Good day!

May we ask an assistance re to our issue on the Video quality of C40 during conference call.

Here are the call flow setup:

C40 --> Unmanaged Switch --> Modem --> MPLS with 8 Mbps --> Router --> SX20

No QoS implemented

We have tried to call from SX20 both remote control and Web GUI to C40 then no issue; video quality is excellent. Bandwidth of Call Rate is 6Mbps.

However, if you make a call from C40 to SX20 here are the results:

Remote Control = Video quality is good only as there is few pixelated on the display. BW call rate is 768 Kbps.

Web GUI = Video quality is excellent and BW call rate is 6Mbps.

We don't know if there is a problem on the hardware or software of the C40.

Hope you can help us on this matter.

Thank you and regards,

Ralph

14 Replies 14

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Looks like you're not specifying the call bandwidth when you're initiating the call from the C40 using the remote, and that the default call rate has not been set on this system as default call rate is 768kbps.

Check the settings under System Configuration/Conference/Conference 1/DefaultCall/Rate.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

FYR, we already configured the DefaultCall/Rate to 6000.

But the issue on call using remote control it used only 768 even we set it to 6000. If you make a call from Web Browser of the C40 it used 6000.

Regards,

Ralph

Are you able to select the call rate when using the remote, so it's not using "Auto"?

/jens

Please let me clarify,

I will set from remote the call rate to 6000 before I make a call?

You can use "Default" or specify 6000, but you cannot use "Auto" as this will set the call rate as 768kbps. (They are, just like the MXPs, hardcoded to use 768kbps when using "Auto").

Another option would be to add the SX20 to the local directory on the C40 and specifying the call rate there.

/jens

You mean from the Contacts of C40 where the IP address of SX20 saved there is a call rate specified?

Ralph

Don't know which software version your C40 is running, but if you go into the web gui, select Configuration\Local Contacts Management and you should be able to add new or edit existing. Below screenshot is from a C40 running TC7.1.4, but if my memory serves me right, this was introduced in or around TC6.2 or TC6.3 or thereabouts.

/jens

Jens/Ralph -

"Local phonebook support on Web interface" was introduced in TC6.0.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

UI features start on bottom of page 46 and into 47 that includes the management of the codec's local phonebook.

We have already resolve the issue by readding the contact number on the phonebook of C40. 

We have found out that the saved contact is still using the previous settings of conference call rate.

May we know if this is normal behavior or it is bug issue?

Thanks,

Ralph

It would normally only happen if you selected the entry from "Recent calls" instead of original entry.

Regardless of that, as I said earlier; you really need to seriously consider upgrading the system.

/jens

so it is normal behavior of the system?

May we know if there is a reference that we need to upgrade the software version?

Thanks for your always immediate response.

Regards,

Ralph

I refer you to my earlier post in where I said:

I don't believe you can, however you could try to remove the existing entry, clear the recent call list and then make the call again to see if it will use the default call setting.

You really need to seriously consider upgrading though as your system is vulnerable to a some serious security issues.

If you don't have a valid service contract in place, take a look at this security bulletin which also includes information of how go get software upgrade without service contract; http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140605-openssl

See the section "Obtaining Fixed Software" and sub-section "Customers without service contracts".

unquote

The security bulletin I have linked to contains the information regarding most, if not all, of the serious security issues your system is currently having - which needs fixing. (You haven't said which software version your SX20 is currently running, but that would probably need upgrading as well.)

Also see the various release notes re improvements, bug fixes etc in the various software releases.

TC7.1.4 (which is the latest version) release notes: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

For further documentation, see the C-series admin guides:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-integrator-c-series/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

and also the SX series admin guides: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

/jens

Thanks for the info Jens and Patrick.

However, we are running only TC5.1 version.

If possible, can we modify the contact call rate via remote controller?

Regards,

Ralph 

I don't believe you can, however you could try to remove the existing entry, clear the recent call list and then make the call again to see if it will use the default call setting.

You really need to seriously consider upgrading though as your system is vulnerable to a some serious security issues.

If you don't have a valid service contract in place, take a look at this security bulletin which also includes information of how go get software upgrade without service contract; http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140605-openssl

See the section "Obtaining Fixed Software" and sub-section "Customers without service contracts".

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: