Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco telepresence content server - Teleprompter

Is there a option to use the Content server as a teleprompter. 

My client has to dial the E164 number . Share presentation from his device and read the content/presentation  .

The content server has to omit the presentation and record only the Video . just like a teleprompter..

Could we implement this without any changes in MCU/endpoint ,but only in content server . 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand it correctly, you want to only record the video, and not the presentation?

You could disable duo video on the TCS under Recording Setup > Call Configuration.  Create new call configuration and assign it to the recording alias you're using, then whenever someone uses that particular alias, it will just record their video and any content being sent will not be captured by the TCS.

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To me, it sounds like you're over complicating things.

Why can't they just read it off the laptop (without showing it as a presentation) - doesn't that then give you the desired result?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand it correctly, you want to only record the video, and not the presentation?

You could disable duo video on the TCS under Recording Setup > Call Configuration.  Create new call configuration and assign it to the recording alias you're using, then whenever someone uses that particular alias, it will just record their video and any content being sent will not be captured by the TCS.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply . Your understanding is correct  

I created the call configuration and disabled duo video . But it did not work . Recorded video has presentation as well.

Have you assisgned the template you amended to the alias you are using?

yes i did . Please see attached - alias mapping.png

I would try changing the template config from "stacked" to "switching"

Switching template will omit content ? I will give it a try and post it here

I would say it is worth at least trying.

I tried that here... didn't work... it switched between the content and the conference on the recorder.

The MCU option (as I've suggested in another part of this thread) would be the way to go.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I forgot the endpoint would send the content within the main channel and not a separate channel with duo video is disabled on the receiving endpoint/TCS.

Glad you were able to figure something out another way.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To me, it sounds like you're over complicating things.

Why can't they just read it off the laptop (without showing it as a presentation) - doesn't that then give you the desired result?

Wayne

It might sound complicated but it is a simple requirement . Senior folks here use the EX60/Ex90 as monitors . We wanted to record it and send it over to clients .

If we use a laptop we miss eye contacts with the camera . Recording is used by the senior managment folks and even CEO for this purpose . Everytime i need to manipulate by disabling the presentation in MCU to achieve this requirement. I hope you understand my requirement.

If you're using the EX to do the talk, just dial up the recorder, then press the "View PC" button on the EX - this lets you see the attached PC screen on the EX (and has the Video Conference in a small window at the top).  This way, they'll be looking at the same place the camera is to read their presentation.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

agreed Wayne .

We have varities of endpoint including T1, MXP ,C and SX. Wanted to achieve it in those endpoints as well . If we can explore the option in Content server . My problem would be solved.

I think you're out of luck then... the content server isn't designed as a teleprompter.

The only way you'll achieve this easily is to do it via a MCU so the content isn't sent to the recording alias (Setting the content mode on the MCU conference to Disabled should do the trick).

We have a number of conferences on our MCU that dial a recording alias as a pre-configured participant (as a guest, with disconnect when only guests remain) for purposes such as this.

All the user does is dial the MCU conference, it then connects them to to content server which then records the necessary particpant / content / etc. as appropriate for that conference.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: