Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco telepresence content server - Video mail

Similar to voice mail , is there a way we can send video mail to the users with dedicated personal video units inside a organization . 

If he/she is not reachable , a video message has to be recorded .Could we achieve this with Content  server . 

3 Replies 3

Any help on this thread . Do we have a server / external box to achieve this . 

I have seen this option with Skype . I liked it actually . Why dont Corporate office have it.

Hi Jagatheesh,

We trailed some StarLeaf endpoints recently (from the ex Codian team) that essentially offer a cloud with hardware service. I know this is not Cisco kit, but they have video messaging built in, however, t can actually be slightly annoying especially if you have scheduled dial out calls and room based systems - ideally I can't see the need for video messaging for room systems. Still I would be surprised if CUCM didn't offer this feature.

Cheers

Chris

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TCS does not allow for voicemail features at this time. I have not looked into this much to be honest, but I do not believe we have a video voicemail solution currently. You could check out this option however which shows you how to integrate your VCS/TMS with CUC so that video users can leave voicemail (audio only) to other users if they are not reachable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-CUC-Voicemail-Integration-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: