cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Content Server without registering to H323 Gatekeeper or SIP Registrar

agito229cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Telepresence Experts,

My customer want to buy SX20 with Multisite License and he needs Recording fuction to record the video conference call.

All he needs for the video conference is the endpoint and the recording server.

He does not want to buy any other server such as CUCM, VCS, external MCU, and TMS.

As we know, the recording function in Cisco Telepresence solution is supported by Cisco Telepresence Content Server (TCS).

I also read in some materials about Cisco TCS. There is field in Cisco TCS configuration that ask about registration to H.323 gatekeeper or SIP registrar. And as we know, H.323 gatekeeper or SIP registrar capability is usually provided by Cisco VCS or external MCU.

What I want to know is whether it is possible for Cisco TCS to function properly to record video call session in SX20 (Multisite license enabled) without the need to buy Cisco VCS or external MCU?

Or if it really need H323 gatekeeper or SIP registrar function, can Cisco 2900 Series with gatekeeper functionality cover this?

Really need the advise from all of you.

Thank you in advance

16 Replies 16

Doesn't it matter what kind of device? For example, Cisco Phone 7841 or Codec SX 20? 

SX20 can for sure, never had an experience with Cisco Phones, but if they can connect to an MCU etc, they should be able to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: