cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco telepresence edge 95 precision HD cam

hardiksp
Level 1
Level 1

received brand new MXP edge 95 and  HD precision HD 720p camera ket, after connecting cables received light of  camera.. it showed please reconnect camera. after reconnecting its now  not showing any lights on camera like its not receiving any power.  monitor shows 4 errors but cannot see any details about error as remote  is unusable due to camera. tried both cable between camera and Codec  (RS232 - RJ45 2m/5m)

Any help appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hardik,

Please make sure that you are making connection as shown below:

you can then try rebooting the codec and check if you see any light on the Camera LED.

please telnet into the codec and check the camera status with command: xstatus camera.

is it shown as connected true ?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see any label on camera cable (RS323-RJ45 cable)?

If so what that label said?

There is two type of cables but pin assignment for power from codec to camera is same so your camera should boot up even have wrong type of camera cable…

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hardik,

Please make sure that you are making connection as shown below:

you can then try rebooting the codec and check if you see any light on the Camera LED.

please telnet into the codec and check the camera status with command: xstatus camera.

is it shown as connected true ?

Conection were made as shown in image above, i do have user guide. But FYI

After connecting first time, it did power up and display was doing something and advise "Please reconnect camare"

After doing show nothing happened and then rebooted codec number of times, but same now camera not showing any connectivity.

received Brand new 4 days ago, received two cable (2m and 5m HD camera cables) tried both

please help to get telnet access to use the command

THanks

Hello Hardik

To login to codec using ssh you need client like putty (its free to download).

Once you start it just type ip address of the codec and choose ssh (default)

Then you need to login as admin with default password TANDBERG

After you can run xstatus camera command.

Also please check this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/user_guide/mxp_series_user_guide_f90.pdf

Regards

Rafal

thanks for response

But codec is not configured so not sure what ip to use to access it, is there any default ip on codec

Or how else to access it to check the command line

I checked the edgeUG but its more of how to use it and not more details about if its not connecting at all

Any help is appeciated

thanks

Hardik

You need to connect screen to the codec. After you can set all network settings usng remote.

Regards

Rafal

its is connected to screen and showing as 4 errors but cannot move to see details about errors as remote not working as its controlled via camera (i guess) advise if i am wrong.

thanks

The you need to try acces it via console.

Please check this guide from our support forum. On page 15 you have all console settings: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15643

To be honest, If you are sure you connected everythng properly and camera is not powering at all now I would say there is a fault and request replacement.

Regards

Rafal

Hi Hardik,

Basically it looks like that there is a fault with the power supply which is being used. Do you have a spare power supply to test ? If no, then I suggest only connecting to the SSH/Telnet/Console is possible.

If you are not able to assign the IP address statically, then I would recommend to have the codec connected to a switch which has a DHCP server so that the codec can take the IP address from it.

If you are able to get into the API, then you can issue the following command to enable the IR on the codec and not use the Camera IR :

xConfiguration IRControl Mode: On

Also, the same power supply can be used to power the camera. Hence you can power the camera using the power supply. It is possible that since the power supply is faulty, it is not able to provide sufficient power to the camera which is the reason that there is no connectivity. If you require the replacement for the power supply, you can open a TAC case for this issue.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Hardik,

When power supply of mxp is connected to camera. does the camera power up.

Thanks

Amlesh

Camera not coming up when connected to power supply of mxp, seems like camera faulty...whats your say

thanks

Based on your test result, I’d suggest contact TAC for requesting RMA on camera or submit RMA via SVO tool (if you have direct access it).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: