Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco telepresence implementation project

sidris-sid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts:

I’m working on telepresence project and I’m facing some implementation issues first I will start list BOQ:

• Cisco EX90 (version TC 4.4.2)
  • Cisco C90 (version TC 4.4.2)
  • E20
  • Quick set C20
  • VCS starter Pack (version 7.0)

I need to achieve the following:

• How can I display presentation on Ex 90 and connect my PC using HDMI cable, with DVI cable working fine but with HDMI “input” I got black screen.
  • How can register Ex90 with VCS (H.323 & SIP) for sip do I need am account to be create on VCS. What about H.323.
  • C90 is powered with four HD camera and four LCD, using TC console (ver 3.3 ) in case with no Video call how can display the four HD camera plus presentation on all four LCD.
  • Is E20 support with Cisco CUCM version 7.1.5
  • How can make sure that my Video call will be HD 1080 not 720 because whenever I initiated Video call from C20 I see that my call is consider as 720 “SD not HD”.

Thanks in advance.

Saeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

I would also recommend upgrading the devices to the latest software version on the Ex90 and C90 i.e TC5.1.0 as there are many features and many known issues fixed in the latest version and it is the most stable version to date.

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Saeed,

My name is Mubashshir and I am from the Telepresence Support Team.

Here are the answers to your queries :

• Yes, you can get the presentation from the HDMI source. In order to do that you would need to configure the HDMI to be the default Presentation Source. You can either do it using the GUI or input this command in the API :

xConfiguration Video DefaultPresentationSource: 1 (where 1 is HDMI input)

• You will need to configure the H323 settings on the VCS to accept H323 registrations. Here are the configuration parameters :

Specifies the  port to be used for H.323 UDP registrations.

Default:  1719

Range: 1024 to 65534

Determines how  the system will behave if an endpoint attempts to register an alias  currently registered from another IP address.

Note that in a  cluster a registration conflict is only detected if the registration  requests are received by the same peer.

Reject: denies  the registration.

Overwrite: deletes the original  registration and replaces it with the new registration.

Default:  Reject

Specifies the  port that listens for H.323 call signaling.

Default: 1720

Range:  1024 to 65534

Specifies the  lower port in the range to be used by calls once they are established.

Default:  15000

Specifies the  upper port in the range to be used by calls once they are established.

Default:  19999

Specifies the  interval (in seconds) at which an H.323 endpoint must re-register with  the VCS in order to confirm that it is still functioning.

Default:  1800

Range: 60 to 65534

Specifies the  interval (in seconds) at which the VCS polls the endpoints in a call to  verify that they are still in the call.

Default: 120

Range:  60 to 65534

• It is not possible to configure it for 4 LCDs however, you can configure it for 2 LCDs. You will need to create a custom layout in the TC console and under number of Monitors select 2 and on each monitor configure it to show one camera each.

• With CUCM version 7.1, you would not be able to support Native Registration however, you can register E20 using Third Party SIP Profile.

• First of all it is required that you make a call which is atleast 3 Mbps or higher. Please issue for the following command:

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Rate: 3000

You will also need to make sure that the Optimal Definition for the Camera is set accordingly:

xConfiguration Video Input Source [1..3] OptimalDefinition Threshold60fps:      <512_288/768_448     /1024_576     /1280_720     /Never>

For each input, this setting tells the system the lowest resolution where it should transmit 60fps (Frames/second)

Please rate the answer using the stars below this post.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

I would also recommend upgrading the devices to the latest software version on the Ex90 and C90 i.e TC5.1.0 as there are many features and many known issues fixed in the latest version and it is the most stable version to date.

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Thanks for the reply, already I tried to change the input to HDMI but still same result anyhow I think it better if i upgrade to version TC 5.1

Thanks for post.

Regards,

Saeed

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- There is no problem to display presentation using the HDMI input.   Make sure you are using a digital output from your PC.  Make sure the EX90 detects the HDMI source.   You can check this via the touch panel or from the codec xstatus,  you should see "True" under HDMI input signal.  Also, make sure you connect to the correct HDMI port, there is a HDMI input and the other one is a output.

- Make sure the H323/SIP mode on the VCS is turn on.   Make sure there is no registration policy set or the correct registration policy are set in the VCS.  Then go on and configure the H323/SIP settigns of your codec pointing to the VCS for basic registration.   If you are not doing authentication, you do not need to create any account in the VCS.

- With all your inputs connected to the correct input, and the 4 LCD connected.  Goto the TC console and set the monitors are Quadruple (you can set this using the codec API or the remote control also).  Then you can go on to TC console and define a new custom layout and assign the local sources to the respective screen based on what you are trying to achieve.

- E20 TE4.0 if oficially supported for native registration from CUCM 8.5 onwars.

- For c-series codec, to have a 1080p30 call, firstly, make sure that your source can output 1080p.   Then your codec must have the premium resolution option installed.  Minimum call bandwidth is 2560kbps and set the optimal definition profile settings in the codec as Never.

Regards

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note the latest released software is TC5.1.2, avaliable from

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283613655&catid=280789323&softwareid=280886992&release=TC5.1.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.

Many fixes for stability issues has addressed in TC5.1.1, so recommend using TC5.1.2 for deployment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: