cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence MCU disconnects an IP session

zhaowei
Level 1
Level 1

Now I have a MCU 4220 ,two VCS (neighbors),and an endpoint MXP 95.The MCU version is 4.3,and the VCS version is X5.2.MCU is registered in one vcs,and MXP 95 is registered in other vcs.Two VCS are neighbor.Now MCU makes a call with MXP 95,but after about one minute,MCU drops the call.I tried many times,and the sutiation is the same.The message of MCU I founed is 'h.245 Network connection error'.I checked the network ,everything is OK.I took another MCU 4505 to test.Nothing wrong happene,and the call can work well.

Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi do you have any firewalls on your network where the traffic might pass through? Do you see video on your mxp during this one minute?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I would put my finger on the firewalls first as we see this all the time where the firewall aborts the connection after a fixed amount of time, 1 min , 1 hour etc. Usually they are setup to do this

by default.

Unlikely but you can also check the mxp max call timer. It should be 0.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi do you have any firewalls on your network where the traffic might pass through? Do you see video on your mxp during this one minute?

/Magnus

We have firewalls on our network.And we can see video on mxp,also I can see the information of video on the MCU.

Magnus,if the firewall has the problem.I used another MCU to call the mxp,the call is ok.So I don't think the firewall has something wrong.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I would put my finger on the firewalls first as we see this all the time where the firewall aborts the connection after a fixed amount of time, 1 min , 1 hour etc. Usually they are setup to do this

by default.

Unlikely but you can also check the mxp max call timer. It should be 0.

/Magnus

While I tried the same call with another mcu 4505,the call was ok.If the firewall aborts the connecton ,mcu 4505 will have the same problem.But the fact is not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: