Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Recording

saad alam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have mix Endpoints,immersive(TP 3000) and non immersive(C Series).

Can i use IPVCR for recording?

What is recommended Recording solution?

Regards

Saad

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Cisco IP VCRs are End-of-Sale.  They were replaced with the Cisco TelePresence Content Server.  We use the TCS devices for our organisation's recording requirements.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark questions as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you can use Cisco Telepresence Recording Server & two hardware platforms are supported with this application.

● Cisco MCS 7845 Media Convergence Server

● Cisco UCS™ C210 M2 Server, part of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ portfolio, with VMware ESXi 4.1

Please refer mentioned link for reference.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8331/ps10341/data_sheet_c78-526825.html

Tausif -

What is the difference with the Cisco TelePresence Content Server vs Cisco TelePresence Recording Server?

The Cisco TelePresence Recording Server was End-of-Sale as of 24 September 2013 with the replacement product listed as the Cisco TelePresence Content Server I linked to above.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark questions as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, I never heard of the TP Recording Server, only the TP Content Server which we do have, so I was curious.

Enterprises will benefit from the ability of Cisco TelePresence Recording Server to use existing Cisco TelePresence rooms as high-quality recording studios. Because Cisco TelePresence systems include the superior lighting, high-quality microphones, and HD 1080p cameras all packaged in a comfortable setting, you can create quality video recordings for any number of video-on-demand (VoD) applications such as training, product launches, executive messaging, and corporate communications. With the Cisco TelePresence® Content Server (UCS C220 M3 Hardware), your organization can share knowledge and enhance communication by recording video conferences. You can access live and on-demand presentations, distance education classes, and corporate training sessions—anywhere, anytime. In addition, you can distribute live or recorded content to any computer or download to your favorite portable media device.

SKU for Cisco TelePresence Recording Server Software:

CTS-CTRS-K9, LIC-CTS-CTRS-1.8 (its a new product on hold till Nov 4 2013)

Please review mentioned links for datasheets & complete information on Cisco TelePresence Recording Server & Content Server.

Cisco TelePresence Recording Server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10341/index.html

Cisco TelePresence Content Server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11347/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: