Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence start step

AhmedBassiony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am new in Telepresence, and Is erach for any material that help me to design a Telepresence solution, but I faild to find a valid one. I need to know what is the Telepresence infrastructure and why should we intgegrate with CUCM?, What is the used endpoints? and what are the diffrences between this endpoints?

Reagrds

4 Replies 4

Jeff King
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ahmed,

This is a good place to start.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/cts_documentation_roadmap/CTSdoc_rd_map.html.

This link has all documentation for TelePresence. The CTS enpoints usese the CUCM for configuration, registration and call control. CTS endpoints are SIP only and will only use the CUCM architecture.

JD King

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

not sure if you are looking for something like this!!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/TP-Book.html

but this gives you a good understanding of the design for the telepresence.

Thanks

Alok

CUCM is the core of the infrastructure..It depends on you what solution is you looking for.

telepresence endpoints are standard based endpoints and can be used with Cisco VCS (SIP/H.323) or also with third party sip registrars or a gatekeeper..

you can also choose if the telepresence endpoints can be directly register to CUCM based on the sw version they are running. after cucm 8.6 it supports native registration of the endpoints to cucm and can be used to make video calls like a normal phone call.

however if it can't be registered natively still you can use it with old version of cucm as third party devices or if you have vCS and CUCM infratructure setup you can do the integration between the two and use the endpoints registered on VCS to call to endpoints on CUCM using video and audio both.

reverse also hold true.

i hope it clarifies a liitle bit of your question on CUCM integration.

Thanks

Alok

Thanks for all for your help... I need someone to tell me what is required product to build a full solution. I need endpoints and VCS and MCU or what shoul I need?

Regadrs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: