cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence SX20 No Camera Recognized

LEO GONZALEZ
Level 1
Level 1

Have a problem with my Cisco TelePresence SX20 and the camera no working. I've tried updating the software and rebooting, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Software version:TC7.3.6.ea51021

xstatus camera: connected = False

6 Replies 6

asankar1188
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have also faced same issue, intially we have used split cable to connect the camera and codec, but after replaced cable with CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS it working fine.

asankar, what was the cost?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using the Cisco supplied camera control cable or a premade one, are you using any of the Cisco Y-cables?

If you have another SX20, swap the camera control cable to see if there is an issue with the cable.  If the SX20 doesn't see the camera using a different cable, try swapping the cameras.  If the camera again fails to be seen, than it could be faulty.  However, if the camera starts working with the second SX20, but the camera you swapped to the original SX20 stops, then there might be an issue with the codec.  In either case, contact TAC as there is mostly likely a hardware issue and depending on the results above, one of them might need to be replaced.

Since you already did a software upgrade, you could try a factory reset as a last resort before contacting TAC.

Actually Patrick, I'm using the splitter and only have the HDMI connected. Is a RJ45 cable needed? If so, is this a regular network cable or cross connect?

You need to connect both the HDMI and camera control cable.  Without the camera control cable, the codec will not be able to detect the camera and you won't be able to control the codec through the camera's IR Sensor.  It depends on which combination of y-cables you're using, but the pin-outs for both types are in the PrecisionHD Camera User Guide on pg 19-20.

I tested the camera wit another unit and it worked with the correct cable. I ordered a CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS and am sure this will correct my problem. Thanks Patrick and asankar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: