cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence SX20

jonathanfuruya
Level 1
Level 1

In setting up SX20, is there any consideration for assigning IP address?  The only requirement that I see is that it needs to be static IP address.  Is there any other things that I should be aware of or to consider?  I was just thinking of assigning an IP address for like  preparing a workstation with static IP address in this one building.  Would that work?  Please advise.  Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IP address assignment in SX20 video endpoints follows the same guidelines as any other network host. Actually, from the admin guide for SX20 endpoints there is no indication that the IP address needs to be static, so you feel free to give an IP address via DHCP. See page 78 from the below guide, in the IPv4 assignment section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/administration-guide/sx20-quickset-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

I hope this is of help to clarify your concern.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A static IP address is not required under most circumstances, but it can make things easier.

If you are using the SX20 in a standalone manner, and not registering it to any call control platform (ie VCS or CUCM), then a static IP address would be recommended to make it easier to create and maintain the appropriate NAT rules on your firewall.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.