Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco TelePresence System 500 with Aastra?

Hello All,

I have question regards to Cisco TelePresence...  We just acquired two set of Cisco TelePresence System 500 however, we are running Aastra Clearspan VoIP solution in our compnay.... 

So my question is:

1.  Can I use Cisco TelePresence System 500 with Aastra Clearspan?

I tried point to our Aastra sip server but it does not register at all.  If anyone use this before please give me some advice...

2.  If I can't intergrated Cisco TelePresence with Aastra can I setup these two TelePresence systems with IP communication only? 

Thanks for suggestion and comments.

-J-

3 REPLIES

Hi Jay,

Cisco CTS 500 is the low end product sutiable for home scenario or small conference with 1 or 2 people only.

CTS requires an underline infrastructure to be CUCM. It registers to CUCM and cosume DLU's. I never tried using it with some other SIP proxy but it is required for the system to get register before you start making any calls.

You can't make any calls using IP-address with this. It always rely on its underlying infrastructure.

I think you are not able to register it as the CTS endpoint would be using the protocol SCCP at initial stage.

Thanks

Alok

Thanks for promplty repsond.  We also have Cisco Gatekeeper in house and I am not sure if I can use it to setup video conference between two Cisco TelePresence System 500?  Also I am wondering is there a way for me to using these two TelePresence with what we have now?...

Thanks again!!

-J-

Hi Jay,

As Alok said you need underlying infra for CTS to work, as CTS IP Phone runs a special application 'Midlet' and that comes as a service from your CUCM and without that you can't make video or TelePresence calls so, it's good if you can get an CUCM Infra to utilize these endpoints and other features.

HTH

Arun

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content