cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence System Codec 6000 MXP

MARTIN DELANEY
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Crestron to control a 6000MXP, my client wants to be able to dial in special characters such as " @ "but I can't find any keyboard key commands in the API Reference Guide (v9). All I can find are the remote key commands. Does such commands exist ? or the only way is to use the key down/key release commands of the pound key?

thanks for any feedback;-)

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thats a mistake I had seen some times.

Please do not use a control system to replicate everything by emulating the remote control.

Check out the api guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/api_reference_guide/mxp_codec3000-6000_api_reference_guide_f90.pdf

Like to dial:

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I've already went through the API guide, but I can't find any xcommad for keyboard keys such as @. I just want to know for sure the command does not exist. thanks Martin;-)

Hi Martin,

I believe what the other Martin is saying, and what I'd also recommend, is that you use the API to do the dialling, and don't try to emulate a keyboard or a remote control key press.

If you issue the correct API command, then you will not need to emulate anything.  Get your Crestron controller to send the whole API command rather than trying to do it a character at a time, ie

xcommand dial h323:loopback@cisco.com

or

xcommand dial sip:loopback.sip@cisco.com

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate resposnes and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, I understand that but I was truelly trying to emulate the keyboard and wanted a confirmation that these commands didn't exist because they aren't found in the API. So I can tell my client there are no easier way than dialing from the Directory or using the remote.

Yep, that's right - there is no way to emulate a keyboard via the API.

You'd need to re-code your Crestron control application to use the proper API xcommand dial strings.

If you need them, you can find some links to Crestron modules for Integration with Cisco codecs over on the Cisco DevNet Web site.  This should enable you to create something that makes it easy for your client rather than using the directory or remote.

Something like this one.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: