Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco telepresence

Hi Experts

how the Cisco telepresence technology CSS-3000 is integrated in the network to connect to TP Provider using IPSec VPN provision 15 Mbps Bandwidth

how the topolgy in the configuration looks like?

thanks

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Cisco telepresence

Hi Ibrahim,

I am not sure I am understanding correctly your question.

If you are trying to know better how to deploy your TelePresence network using IPSEC on your WAN I think a great resource is the "Cisco TelePresence Network Systems 2.0 Design Guide".  There is a specific section that explains the deployment of TelePresence over IPSec. Here you have the link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/tpqosbranch.html#wp1072147

Best regards.

Re: Cisco telepresence

Hi

thanks for reply

as i understood from the DG, Cisco don't recommend to deploy telepresence over the Internet,its a expensive to connect directly to a telepresence providor like AT&T,

thanks

With a TP call using a CTS3000, you're entrusting a throughput of up to 18Mbps to the network.  You simply can't trust the internet to give you that sort of throughput with no jitter or packet loss, so the call experience will be poor.

Also with the CTS3000, it is likely that your users will not be very forgiving of bad call quality degradation after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a system like that.

That's why placing TP on a network where you know that the bandwidth is guaranteed and delivered with a Service Level Agreement is really important.

we couldn't able to spend 1,000,000$ per year for a direct link to TP Provider to give us service when the Top management need TP Meeting with partners in Canada ,London ,USA, and ME,so we think for a chipper solution for that matter

Pls Advise

thanks

ibrahim al jamil

It's entirely possible to use the internet as a transit network, just don't expect any sort of quality of service or service level agreement

Also, the risks get higher, the higher up the endpoint ladder you go.  The CTS3000 is the top-end TP solution costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, and is designed to give a premium experience.  In my experience of working on these solutions, Cisco and a reputable partner wouldn't allow you to put one of these systems on the internet just because the Internet isn't fit for purpose for those systems.

However, if you bought an SX20 with a 65" screen, you can just as easily hold a 'TP style' meeting for much lower cost, just don't expect the premium experience as the internet is totally unpredictable that way.

You should also look at VCS expressway for Firewall traversal if you are lookig to use the internet as your transit network, as it's very likely your traffic will need to traversal firewalls.

Hope that helps!

Hi

what is the best Solution to  connect to a TP Providor ?

Hi Ibrahim,

Which countries will your endpoints be located in?

I work for Logicalis, which provides a managed service as it happens, and I am the main architect of our TP / VC service offering. I'll be very happy to arrange a consultation with you.

Best Regards, Glen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi gsykes

thank you so much for ur time

we are based in Jordan ME , our Partners at Canada ,London ,USA, we have got an offer from a TP Provider with direct link (10XE1) but the cost will be 1,200,000$ on yearly basis ,we can't afford this Price that's why  we think to run the services over the Internet ,as y know 1,200,000 $ its costy

thanks

ibrahim al jamil

Views
Helpful
Replies