cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Touch 10 Pairing Issue

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have a MX300 G2 with a touch 10. Currently if I have the Touch 10 plugged directly into the MX unit it will pair just fine. If however I move it to a switch port it can no long find the MX unit.

Couple of questions. Do the units have to be on the same subnet? Currently the MX is on 172.21.143.22 and touch is on 172.21.205.13. Both are on the same VLAN however the Touch never finds the codec.

3 Replies 3

Phill Daniel
Level 1
Level 1

we have discovered with an SX20 and Touch 8 pairing.

1) Our touchpad is on a different subnet / VLAN - and although it connects - the SX20 web interface  (Configuration / Peripherals) doesnt show connected AND it doesnt show an IPv4 IP address - it is paired via IPV6  (even though the codec has IPV6 turned off - go figure?)

2) Our touchpad freezes intermittently.

3) If we enter a static IP on the touchpad - same subnet - it wont even see the codec - and we believe this is due to different VLANs for the wired connection (patch panel / switch ports).

4) Our resolution is to enter a static IP on the same subnet/vlan as the codec and ensure the patchpanel / switchports are correctly configured.

5) This should be completed for us today.

Hi Phil,

I wouldn't think that the Touch would pair with the codec over IPv6 if the IPv6 was actually disabled.  Are you sure it's actually turned off (ie, the Network IPStack is set to "IPv4", not "Dual") not just having the CallProtocolIPStack set to IPv4?

If you check an "ifconfig" on the device at the "root" level, is it showing that IPv6 is active - mine (with the Network IPStack setting as IPv4) only shows an inet addr for the eth0 interface, not an inet6 addr.

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
          inet addr:10.X.X.X  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING PROMISC MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:10092263 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2368729 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:1270124156 (1211.2 Mb)  TX bytes:1293529076 (1233.6 Mb)
          Interrupt:40

On a device with IPv6 enabled (set to "Both"), it shows an extra line, ie:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
          inet addr:10.X.X.X  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxx/64 Scope:Link

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jbarraclough
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with the Touch 10 over the network - did you ever get this work correctly and if so what were your findings? I have tried on both the same subset and a different one but it can not see the MX300 G2. I have not been able to find much information about setting up the Touch 10.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: