cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS Alarm - Call license limit reached

Rohit Khajuria
Level 1
Level 1

I got some alarms on VCS-E and i dont know how to troubleshoot those alarms. Following are some alarms that i recieved :

1. Call license limit reached

2.Capacity warning

Please tell me if there is any way to troubleshoot these alarms or how can I clear off these alarms.

Some call got rejected because of these alarma also. Below is the log status for the calls which are dicsonnected.

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can first by checking your Call History on the VCS, see if there are a lot of calls incoming and outgoing around the same time frame overlapping.  Both of the alarms are related, meaning that you've reached the maximum number of calls the VCS can have.

What is the number of Traversal and Non-Traversal call licenses on your VCS?  Together, that is the total number of calls you can have at any one time.

Also, the image you attached isn't appearing by the way.

Hi Patrick

I am unable to see your reply, but only one thing. That IP belongs to our VCS.

Please tell me if there is anything we can do and please let me know how to create call pilocy for a SIP address.

Thanks

No worries, after I made that comment I did some testing with my lab VCS and a CPL script and I just edited that reply since they were a few minutes apart and uploaded a CPL script for you, see my last reply in this discussion below.

I am unable to see that script. Can you Please upload that script again.

And also please tell me how to use that script to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Its at the very bottom of this discussion, scroll all the way down or click here to be taken directly to it, directions are there in that reply.

Hi Patrick, like I said earlier I am unable to check your reply. Please find attatched the image how it look like.

So can you please reply me again but not under this comment. Please add a new reply yo my post.

Oh wow, that's interesting, looks like the forums don't like what you're trying to view it on.

Here is the CPL, copy and paste it into notepad and save it as an XML file.

<cpl xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl"
    xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl
    cpl.xsd">
<taa:routed>
  <taa:rule-switch>
    <taa:rule origin="100@VCS_IP" destination=".*">
      <reject status="404" reason="Denied by policy"/>
    </taa:rule>
    <taa:rule unauthenticated-origin="100@VCS_IP" destination=".*">
      <reject status="404" reason="Denied by policy"/>
    </taa:rule>
  </taa:rule-switch>
</taa:routed>
</cpl>

Hi Patrick

I ams till unable to see your reply there. Anyways I got one more issue today and this time i think the protocol used was H323 but not SIP. The call was established but there was no video, the screen was all black. And when i checked the logs, it was showing Destination Not Reachable. Can you please tell me if we can do anything on VCS or Tandberg to resolve the issue. Please find the image for your reference.

I've never seen "No route to destination - Unreachable destination" before, but I suggest you open a new discussion to troubleshoot it, so it doesn't get mixed up or lost in this one.  Provide as much information as possible, such as search history, and how the endpoints are configured etc.

Send me a private message here in the forums with your email, and I'll send you the CPL file.

EDIT:

A quick search of the forums turned up this comment.

The 'Unreachable destination' reason indicates a network/firewall issue, so I would check if any H323/SIP ALG/inspection is available and enabled in the firewall that you are using.

Might be worth a check to see if the ports are open on the endpoint's firewall, and/or if NAT is configured, if it's set correct.  However, as I mentioned, it would be best to open another discussion to look further into this new issue to separate it from the current topic.

Ok. Thanks for your reply.

But there is no Private message option on your profile.

Eh, oh well.  What's your email?

EDIT:

I see the message option when viewing my profile, so I'm guessing it has to be sent from within our own profile (the message tab is not viewable by others, only yourself).  Though you'd think there would be an option in anyone's profile to send a message to that person instead of having to go through your own profile to send it.  Learn something new everyday.  :)

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Patrick has said, to have a look at which licences you're running out of, you can have a look at the Status > Overview screen in the web interface of the VCS.  This will show you the number of licences installed (licence limit) and the peak number used.

Fom those numbers, you should be able to quickly see which ones you're running out of at times (Traversal, or Non-Traversal) - but being a VCS-Expressway, it's likely to be the Traversal licences.

As Patrick has also said, your screenshot of your call log didn't work, so we're unable to see what's there.  It's also possible that, depending on your configuration and firewall setup, you're being probed by a SIPVicious scan or something similar which could be using up your licence pool.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne/Patrick

I checked the Overview status . The "Call license limit reached" is related to Traversal calls and the limit is 5.  Please find attached the image of the Event Logs for your reference and please tell me if there is anything suspicious.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: