Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS SIP and H323 Troubleshooting Tool

cfiestas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

During the last few months I have been working on a tool called SMART. SMART will and can assist you parse and analize Cisco VCS SIP and H323 output traces either collected using netlog or by properly downloading the diagnostics log file from Cisco VCS version 7.x. I hope you find SMART a useful tool.

Overview

----------------

SMART is a POWERFUL Output log parser and analyzer 
capable of parsing and analyzing single or multiple SIP,
H323 and Q931 logs files from various platforms such as
Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server, Cisco
Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Telepresence Systems,
Cisco IOS and others. Thus, SMART reduces painful, consuming
and critical log analyzing time for the engineer while providing
accurate parsing as well as reporting.

Features

• Cisco Unified Communications     Manager  Intelligent SIP parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   H323 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   Q931 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Q931 Intelligent parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Intelligent SIP Log tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server  SIP  Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server   H323 Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence System SIP Log Tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Cius SIP parsing capabilities.
  • Quick Find (multiple search criteria within the   log or logs)
  • Powerful Call Flow and Media Reporting
  • SMART Inspector feature (double click on any  line  and new screen opens with the actual file content, matching location of   the line selected by the user)
  • Log screen Print
  • SMART Report Print
  • SMART supports .txt, .log, .dat  and most  text  file formats 
  • Detail Screen Print
  • Single and all row copy feature
  • Access to the PolarisOne database
  • Compare Files (SMART will be able to compare   xconfig and IOS configuration files)
  • Auto Self Update and or upgrades (no need to   search for new updates or upgrades files)
  • Easy Installation (interactive process)

Installation

SMART requires the following hardware and software in  order to properly install and run,

-1 GHz x86 processor
-512 MB of RAM
-512 MB Hard Disk space available
-Microsoft Windows  Professional
-Microsoft Windows Vista
-Microsoft Windows 2000
-Microsoft Windows 7
*.NET Framework 3.5 is required.

You can download SMART here  or by visiting www.telepresencebridge.com/smart

Cesar Fiestas
53 Replies 53

As you already found out, TranslatorX can analyze logs from VCS.

I also found an Expressway SIP Call Analyzer on Cisco.com/support last night in the tools section, and it looks promising as well, andl analyzes VCS/Expressway diagnostic log bundle. 

Cool,

will check it out

t.svatek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cesar,

I´d like to say thank you for providing us this great tool.

cheers

Tino

Tino,

It has been a pleasure for me being able to developed SMART. SMART is for me at least is a "work in progress", as I am actively improving the code and it's features.  In the next few weeks SMART engineers will be able to build a Cisco VCS configuration file on the fly!. There will be no need of having access to a VCS to build it. SMART will be able to based on your input settings build an xconfiguration file for the deployment engineer on the fly so that all they need to do later is paste the configuration file to it. Also another upcoming cool feature will be PolarisOne and the Onboard chat system (chat and ask with another engineers using SMART realtime).

SMART as you know it auto upgrades itself everytime you run it, with this being said everytime I release a patch, when the user opens SMART, SMART will self upgrade.

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar,

Even though  I try to launch SMART, it doesn't launch because registration fails.

I think network policy of our company rejects the session for registration.

Can I launch it without registration?

Kotaro

Kotaro,

Yes you will need to register SMART in order to use SMART.

Cesar Fiestas

Hello,

The following features are now available on SMART:

-Mixed Mode (h323/SIP)

-Media Reporting on VCS now includes Search Rules Reporting

-PolarisOne

Enjoy!

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any plans having a Mac or Linux version?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

A version of SMART will soon be available for Mac. Unfortunately I have no plans to create a version of SMART for Linux at this time.

Best Regards,

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

Great, let me know if you have something available for the OS X.

Btw, does your tool support the text based isdn trace of legecy Tandberg MPS ISDN GWs?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

the website now appears to be offline?

Frederick,

I apologize for the inconvenience I was moving the code from one platform to another, the link and the access to the download page should now be active.

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

The link for downloading still appears to be broken. Is there an alternative way for downloading the tool?

Thanks

Paolo

jerome-irons
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to try it but I can not reach it as well. Can you provide an unbroken link?

Thanx,

JC

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Cesar,

The website http://www.telepresencebridge.com/smart seems to be offline for a while. Did you open a new website to host the download of your very interesting tool?

Thanks a lot!

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: