Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Telepresence integration with MCU

Jesus Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer is very interested on a Cisco Webex Telepresence solution. The problem of that solution is that it only supports video conferences of up to 9 participants and my client needs to have conferences with over 30 simultaneous users.

Is there a way to increase the number of participants on the Webex Telepresence? or perhaps... is it possible to integrate Cisco Webex Telepresence with a on-premise MCU?

I would appreciate any other ideas you might have.

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not deeply checked out the exect numbers, but how do you come under the impression that

its only 9 participans? And you you talk about the ones connected to webex or to the teleresence site.

And the next thing, I was under the impression that you always need your own TMS/MCU/VCS for

the integration. And at least there the limit would be your MCU.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

From: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps12433/212452_35_technical_overview_c11_714860_v6.pdf

Up to Nine-Way Video Calling

You can include up to nine users on the Cisco WebEx Telepresence and Cisco Jabber Video networks (including

you) in a video call by using the personal bridge video address that is available as part of your WebEx

Telepresence device subscription.

I don't know anything about WebEx, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  Looking at the data sheet you linked to, it looks like that version of WebEx is for hosing telepresence calls within the WebEx cloud.  To host telepresence and WebEx participants together yourself on an MCU or bridge you'll want to use Cisco WebEx Meeting Place.  You can see what is needed to host it yourself below, note the prerequisites section for what is needed to host it yourself.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/webex_enabled_telepresence/cts_webex_pref.html

Patrick is correct (+5). The datasheet that J esus refers is for Hosted Telepresence and in the past called as Callway. This is different from Webex enabled Telepresence where Webex users can join your on-prem Telepresence call. As Martin pointed out, you will need an on-prem VCS/VCSE/TMS/TMSXE/MCU to set this up. Webex portion will only consume a single port on your MCU, this is the case if you have 100 people on Webex or 1 person on Webex. If your MCU can handle 29 participants at a time, you can very well do 30 concurrent participants on a Webex enabled Telepresence call. Keyword is enabled, webex telepresence is the hosted solution where the customer doesnt require their own MCU/TMS/VCSs etc.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: