cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster Peers Status Wrong username or password

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6 Peer VCS Cluster that shows wrong username or password for each Peer on the Clustering Tab in TMS. I can go to each individual VCS in TMS, click on the Connection Tab and TMS tells me that the username and password is correct. I go back to the Clustering TAB and the status will change to Unknown. I then do a refresh while in the Clustering Tab and the status will go back to Wrong username or password. And then I repeat the process.

I know the password and username is correct, because I can log into each Peer with the same username and password. When checking the Clustering while logged into any of the Peers, the Cluster always shows and stays green.

Very annoying, it's like something isn't synching.

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please always post the used version numbers and some additional info, like if you use provisioning (tmspe or legacy)

and what kind of user name you use, admin, an additional account with admin rights, ldap based accounts,....

If you do not use the local admin account, how does it behave if you use the local admin account?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Sorry about that. A brief history as to what we are doing. We are in the process of implementing a totally new VTC infrastructure which includes the following

Redundant TMS 14.3.1 with a load balancer

6 Peer VCS Cluster

2 Peer Conductor Cluster

2 Peer Expressway Cluster

We are using Provisioning Extension (tmspe).

I am using the admin account to log into the VCS's. I have also noticed that the two endpoints I have registered for testing purposes come up with Wrong Usernam or password errors as well in TMS. Doing a refresh in the settings tab or opening the connection tab and clicking on save/try makes the error go away. But it comes back again. It happens to the VCS much more often than the end points.