cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 2.3.2 webbridge behavior

Elter
Level 4
Level 4

I´m doing some tests using the "redesigned" webbridge over LAN in a CMS 2.3.2 Single Server Deployment and what I could observe is that the Chrome browser is identified and use its native WebRTC feature (OK, working fine to Sign In or Join) but other browsers (tested with IE 11 and Firefox) just present a link to open the CMA client (actually is a smartlink as hyperlink), but it do not present any option to download this client based on the webbridge config:

webbridge msi <url>
webbridge dmg <url>
webbridge ios <url>

This mean that if the windows PC do not have the CMA already installed that PC cannot join the meeting.

Is this the expected behavior at this version? Could someone confirm if this also happen at your enviroment?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should, but it doesn't

Web client doesn't show "download CMA link"
CSCvi32490

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Haven't tried if you can download the client using cli config, but Chrome being the only supported browser is explained in the RN

2.3 New WebRTC App and Web Bridge

Version 2.3 of the Meeting Server introduces the new WebRTC app which receives and transmits higher quality video using H.264, and has an improved user interface, similar to the new Cisco Meeting App version 1.10 for Windows, Mac and iOS. Chrome is the only browser currently supported for this version of the WebRTC app

HTH

java

Hola Jaime,
yes, I saw the RN regarding Chrome is the only one and also that the clickonce is not available anymore, but the webbridge on some previous versions presents the option to download the client and this is a very useful feature.

The question here is: The webbridge should present an option to download the client or not? Could you check internally please?

Because if the latest webbridge do not have this feature anymore, the customers will need to change their procedures to provide a way to previously dowload the CMA and edit the invitation file to include those links.

thanks
best regards

It should, but it doesn't

Web client doesn't show "download CMA link"
CSCvi32490

HTH

java

I actually thought this was intended - Expressway-only deployments don't support CMA, so the link to download the app obviously caused confusion for users.  The best way would be to be able to turn the link on or off.

Yeah, I guess it all depends on what the BU decides to do, and how it fits in the roadmap they already have.

HTH

java

Thanks

Jamie,

Why is it only showing affected releases as being 2.3.0, as neither up the 2 MR updates have fixed this issue.. It's just really sad trying to explain to my customer all the things that do not work in the latest and if I revert to 2.2.10 I have a bug affecting content sharing issue that they will not tolerate either. I guess is this something I should move to a single server rather than single combined or will I have the same problem?

Thanks,

James

Guess the bug has simply not been updated.

The bug doesn't mention it's applicable to only a specific deployment model, assume it affects all.

Anyone who is being affected by this bug, should get in touch with their SE/AM to add themselves to the list of people being affected/who want a resolution, along with the business case for it, so the BU can prioritize accordingly.

HTH

java

Thanks for the quick reply! Yea, I've already been added to it since 2.3.0, but I read somewhere and now I can't find it that when using version 2.3.2 in a single server configuration the "download app" link is shown, just wanted to add that is well in case anyone else is being affected. I'm going to go ahead and move to that in my lab real quick and confirm.  Again, thanks for the reply and fingers crossed this gets fixed soon because I really like what they've done with the new webbridge and overall ui that it's going to be hard to go back to 2.2 versions.

James 

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

Haven't tried if you can download the client using cli config, but Chrome being the only supported browser is explained in the RN

Do you have any clue when other browsers will be supported in the new Webbridge as well?

That's roadmap info and is NDA, you'd need to engage your SE to get that answer.

HTH

java

Any updates?  Is this functionality as is? Or is it broken and will be fixed?

CMS should work similar to Webex and other solutions when joining a meeting.  

Thanks

Ron

It is marked as solved at version 2.3.4

iOS download link not visible on web bridge
CSCvj05015

Symptom:
The download link for iOS apps via the web bridge is not currently visible even when configured via the MMP.

Conditions:
Affects CMS 2.3.3. Earlier versions of 2.3.x did not show any download links (Windows/Mac).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: