cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS PMP licenses with room endpoints

jlcembellin
Level 1
Level 1

The question is if a room device can be the owner of a Personal multiparty license. The idea is assign a PMP license to a room endpoint when this endpoint call to a Meeting server space.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PMP licenses are assigned to users via the userProfiles node within CMS API.  From the CMS Configuration Guides:

When a meeting starts in a space, a license is assigned to the space.  Which license is assigned by the Meeting Server is determined by the following rules:

• if one or more members with a Cisco PMP Plus license has joined a space, then one of their licenses will be used, if not, then
  • if the person that created the space (the owner) has a Cisco PMP Plus license, then the license of that owner is assigned, if not, then
  • if present a Cisco SMP Plus license is assigned.

How the CMS identify a member when the call is stablished? by the calling URI of the member?

Can be a participant an enabled video phone, a room endpoint?

I don't honestly know, what's in my previous reply is what is documented.

Thanks Nick for that info, so it appears that the user who is assigned a PMP license but be the host of the Space. I noticed you never received a response regarding the statement about "a licensed user needed to be a part of a conference", any update on that?

No I didn't unfortunately.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: