cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Streaming Options

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

My company would like to setup streaming with CMS. The only question I have is would the internal Streaming option be better than using the Vbrick Rev streaming? What are the differences? My company has about 10,000 employees so the streaming would need to work smoothly.

Thanks,

John

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMS requires an external streaming solution such as VBrick Rev, as there is no internal streaming server or viewing portal within CMS that can distribute the RTMP stream to users.  Cisco recommends and supports VBrick, but you can use any standards based streaming servers such as Wowza for example.

Thank you for this clarification Patrick, I thought CMS had it's own streaming option. I will use Rev then. is there a guide that shows how to install and configure them together?

Below are some configuration examples for the recorder and streamer:

Configure Recorder in CMS/Acano Call Bridge

Configure and Troubleshoot CMS live streaming with VBrick DME

The deployment guides also provide instructions from the CMS side as well.  However there are not really any guides that I've seen for the VBrick side with the DME and Rev, though Cisco if not VBrick should be able to assist there if needed.

appreciate your help Patrick.

Do yo know if anybody has successfully used the CMS Streaming option with youtube live?

thanks

Hi Team

could you please confim , if i can just use  

GET :  https://CMSIP:8443/api/v1/coSpaces/spaceID   link form CMS  and put the link in VLC  to watch the stream. with no need for Vbrik at all

thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: