Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS XMPP Clustering and Secret Password Match

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Any help  from  expert !

I have a 3 VM server setup for  xmpp ,  and  trying to setup the  xmpp clustering,  I did followed the clustering commands from the  scalable and resilience deploying document ,, every time I did ( 5 times ) the  call bridge secret  won't match in  live.json file ,,,

the database and callbridges clustering is  good and working , except the xmpp clustering.

show xmpp cluster status show 3 server , one being the leader ,other as followers , but the console  syslog messages  throw   ,,tcp failures , xmpp server not connected or failed error.

I don't see any  certificates error so far ,,,

using the  notepad to copy the callbridge name and secret , thru secureCRT , there is no chance of spaces being copied,,, the xmpp callbridge list  and secret is the same across the 3  xmpp servers.

as per the TAC ,, the  callbridges secret  under  xmpp  in  live.json  file should  MATCH ,,for successful xmpp clustering ...

anybody have any inputs as to why there is NO match ,,,iam using  version 2.2.8.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

upgrade to 2.2.9 resolve the issue !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Have you tried to restart the XMPP server or even CMS itself after configuring XMPP clustering?
Have you tried to reset the XMPP server and start over?

Yes, indeed we  did restart the whole  cms servers ,  and also we did  RESET  the  two  xmpp server ,except the  first xmpp one ,,,and i did it with TAC engineer ,,he suggested to go  for reboot. 

xmpp callbridge list across the 3 xmpp  and its secret is same ,,

xmpp cluster status says ,,,leader and followers ..

but the issue with secret MATCH in  live.json file ,,,i don't  know why it is not matching,,,the whole string is alphanumeric characters...

just to update the question!

xmpp cluster trust  3CBcerts.CRT 

xmpp cluster trust  3XmPPCerts.crt  .... which security bundle certificate   to use..

3CBcerts.CRT  contains  ALL the  3  call bridge security certificate ,  likewise  3XmPPCerts.CRT  contains  ALL  the 3 XMPP security certificate ...

My deployment is showing Tcp_failure and TLS handshake error ,,and also when the command " xmpp cluster status" command is issued ,, video session drops and users are logs out ,,, at this moment xmpp server restarts ,,,,
later it found to be a BUG in version 2.2.8 ( CSCvg23980 ) ,,,i am going to upgrade to latest one ! 2.2.9.... and update this forum later the results ...

upgrade to 2.2.9 resolve the issue !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: