cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

codec C40 question

MARTIN DELANEY
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use Sony EVIHD1 as main camera with the C40 and still control it through its own camera port? If so can someone please tell me if there is some special procedure to do in the camera so it can respond to the C40 camera controls.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Hes
Level 1
Level 1

The Sony EVI-HD7V is supported according the TC3 release notes page 35.

Nothing in the documentation about the model you mention though.

Best would be to try it, but not sure if Cisco will support it if issues appear.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Rachid, I checked the TC3 note on page 35 which leads me to think it will be the same with the Sony EVI-HD1 because the have the same command list. Unfortunately all they say is

Using the VISCA protocol you can connect the Sony EVI-HD7V camera and control it using the TANDBERG remote control. Does that mean I have to activate or send a certain command to the C40 so instead of sending its usual

"xCommand Camera Ramp CameraId:1 Pan:left PanSpeed:1" it would convert to Visca "8x 01 06 01 01 01 01 03 FF" ? Meanwhile I'll check the «api «reference Guide for anything about Visca.

thanks!

Hi,

You can try to fabricate this cable :

Sony Camera(male 8 pin din)                        Cisco C40 Codec(male 9 pin D-Sub)

========================                   ===============================

Ground                                         4                                                                 5

TX(from camera)                            3                                                                 3

RX(to camera)                               5                                                                 2

Connect this between the codec camera port and the sony camera control port.

Then try to control using the remote controller.

Hi,

This cable works, only if you cross the TX and the RX.

Like this:

Pin                     Sony                                C40        

GND                     4                                       5   

TX                        3                                        2

RX                        5                                       3

If you want to controll the C40 by default cisco IR-remote controller. Set IR-Sensor in SystemUnit to ON instead of (default) Auto.  

System tested with C40 and Sony SRG-120DH camera.