Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec C60 multisite connection

fayiz husain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 3 sites in which codec c60 are running. Now I have to install a new codec c60 in a new site (4th site). This new C60 is registered in a BE-6K in one of the other sites.

Will I be able to setup simultaneous video calls from the new site to all other 3 sites?

Do I have to use a BE-6K in the new site too for that?

which are the licenses required?

What is the bandwidth requirement?

What is the use of the licenses LIC-INTP-c60-MS and LIC-INTP-c60-PR?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Multisite is a local endpoint feature which is unlocked with the MS (MultiSite) option key. The PR key is for PremiumResolution in order to do 1080p / 60 fps calls. The C60 can do 4 way multisite including yourself so you can host a multisite conference on the new C60 with the other 3 C60´s if you have the multisite option on this unit.

Do I have to use a BE-6K in the new site too for that?

The MultiSite is hosted on the local endpoint so it should work.

which are the licenses required?

LIC-INTP-c60-MS

What is the bandwidth requirement?

10 Mbps total multisite bandwidth is avalable 10/4=2.5 Mbps max per participant @ full MS utilization.

/Magnus

I heard that BE-6K have in-built VCS. What is the use of it? Will I have to use it in this case?

I heard that BE-6K have in-built VCS. What is the use of it? This questions should be more specific as the VCS has a lot of functionality. Please see the document link below, it´s on nearly 500 pages which is too much to cover here :) But short: It is a SIP/H323 registrar with flexible media and session management but it is a lot more than that. I do not know where to start, so I think it is best you read the document.

If you need it? You can alternatively register the C60´s to the CUCM. So you do not need the VCS for this particular purpose.

As I said the VCS has a lot of functionality you can read more about the VCS here: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-2.pdf

/Magnus