Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec c60 sending two cameras in the conference

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi folks, I need your help.

In our client, we have a cisco c60 codec and we are facing a problem in it.

We have two cameras in codec c60. We have made a custom layout in TC console software to send both cameras during the conference.

We have the following inputs in codec:

source 1 - first camera

source 2 - secondary camera

source 3 - pc

We started the conference without presentation. Everything works well. The two cameras are sent in main channel. But when we attempt to send presentation. The presentation works correctly, but just the first camera is sent in main channel. The layout does not work! But, if during the conference, we go to the configuration and set the "default presentatin source" as "Source 2". Then the source 2 is sent as presentation correctly and in main channel the two cameras are sent correctly as we defined in TC Console . It works! The same thing occurs if we set source 1 as "default presentation source". But if we set it as being source 3 (pc), then presentation works normally but just the first camera is sent in main channel again, even if I put nothing on main channel in TC Console. The first camera is the "default main source".

We tried to change the cables, pluging the PC cable in "Source 2" and the secondary camera's cable in "Source 3". But we had the same result. If the "PC" is the presentation source, only the first camera is sent to far end.

Can anybody here help me? Please help me.

If necessary, I can provide the XML file that I am using in TC Console.

Thanks

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please try again using a 16:9 pc source, cause your TC console layout is configure for this pc resolution.

Let me know if you get what I get when you are using a 16:9 PC source.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you send me the XML file you use , I can help you to check

Hi friend,

Thank you so much for your help. In attach you can see the XML file that we are using.

It would be great if you could help me to solve that issue, because our client is a great cisco client, which has all the cisco telepresence solution in his environment, they appreciate cisco technology a lot, but they are unsatisfied because this "two cameras layout" are not working as is supposed to work. We have a case opened in Cisco TAC, but the engineer tried a lot things and nothing was enough to fix it.

Thanks

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi,

I have checked your file and configuration is correct to me (I only check the config when not in call and when in a point to point call).

I have loaded it and tested also.  And what I get at the receiver end when in a point to point call is based on my understanding is what you have configured.  So I do not see anything wrong.  I have attached a picture of what I get in my far end system when in a point to point call.  Is that what you trying to achieve?

If yes, is your presentation source that you used a 16:9 source?

And, what is the TC console version and endpoint version you are using?

Hi Chye,

Thank you very much for your help.

You are right, I am trying achieve only point to point call. My presentaton source has the "4:3" definition (1024x768). The endpoint C60 has the latest software version, which is 5.0.1. My TC Console has the version 3.2.

I appreciate your help a lot.

Something is wrong, because it worked for you, it should work for me too. Could you please send me the information about  your equipment? I would like to compare both systems and find out what is wrong. Please send me, if possible, your hardware revision.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please try again using a 16:9 pc source, cause your TC console layout is configure for this pc resolution.

Let me know if you get what I get when you are using a 16:9 PC source.

Hi friend,

I don't have a "16:9" source to be used as PC. Can I change the presentation's frame to "4:3" definition? Like this:

Thank you!

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Hi,

Yes, use the tab beside the 'x' tab at the top right corner of the frame and choose 4:3 for your presentation and set your layout again.   That should work for you.

Ok,

I understood. I will schedule a test with our client. Then I will come back here and say if it worked.

I appreciate your help. Thank you!

Paulo Souza

Will this only work for point-to-point?  would like to see this happen in a Codian Bridge call as well.  right now we are using two codecs to have the functionality of the presenter seeing the local audience as long with all the remote sites

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

As long as you are using a C90 or C60, you are able to use the TC console to composite the layout with the sources you want to send to the far end and also define your own custom layout. For the c40, you cannot creat new layout but you can edit the existing layout.

You should be able to achieve what you want as long as your composition is right. If in doubt, you can contact your local Cisco SE for further information.

Chye,

Thank you for your help.

I found out what is the problem in our C60, it's a bug in the TS software. Look this:

If I have a PC with resolution XGA (1024x768) or lower, then when presentation is activated in a conference, the codec stops to send the two cameras in main channel, it ignores the layout that I have defined in TC Console, no matter what I put there. If I attempt to use a PC with resolution higher than XGA, like HD, for example, then my layout works very well and I have no problem.

I understand, XGA is a 4:3 definition as you said, I tried to change de presentation frame in TC Console and set it as being "4:3" definition, but it does not work, even by doing that. So I came to conclusion that it's a bug in C60's software, because I have tested it in three different C60s and I had the same result. We built a lab in Cisco Brazil and we had the same behavior.

So, we're gonna send a bug notification to Cisco and I am gonna set another resolution in My customer's PC as a workaround to that issue.

I appreciated your help a lot. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.  Will try it with 4:3 resolution to see where the issue lies. 

Ok, I think you're gonna face the same behavior...

Thanks

Hi,

I think i know what's the reason of your problem.

In the TC console 3.2 release, it is stated that :

Removed:

- No longer possible to manipulate the 4:3 presentation state.

That means, in this version, you are not able to do anything on the layout when you are using a 4:3 presentation.   In the previous TC console release(for example 3.1), when you click on the layout families, you will see 3 selection which include the 4:3 presentation, but in version 3.2, there is only selection for 16:9.

So the problem is not with the C series codec firmware but because the ability to edit a 4:3 presentation source layout has been removed from the TC console software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: