cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec C60 Temperature status

sdewasesd
Level 1
Level 1

As Per spec, nominal ambient operating temp for the C60 codec is between 32 - 95 F. 

in our facility 2-3 Codec temp shows 146.3 F...is this temperature too high for codec ?

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

No, it's not too high, ours normally vary between 126F and 150F depending on environmental factors where they are installed.

I have one C60 sitting on 158.9 which I'm not too happy about, but it's working fine, however, we are trying to work out what we can do to improve cooling in the area where it is installed.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Jens indicated above, it's not likely to be a problem.  We have a number that also run around the 140F - 150F mark.  The warmest one I saw doing a quick check this morning was 161.6F (72C).  They've been running at those temperatures for over 3 years without issue.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The codec temperature threshold is 85 deg celcius(185 deg Farenheit).  When the codec hit this temperature, the codec will auto shut down by itself.

Having said that, you can also check your fan status to see if they are ok (fan running) and also have adequate ventilation in the place where codec is installed.