cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codian 4520 MCU wont display video from 8945 phone after MCU upgrade.

Shane Herbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Cisco/Codian 4520 MCU. Currently on software 4.2(1.50).

We have Cisco 8945 video phones. On latest software.(sccp 9-4-1sr1-1).

(although I get the same results on a 9971 video phone running sip9971.9-1-1sr1).

Our CUCM is running version 8.0.3.22900-5

We have a SIP trunk between CUCM and VCS(7.2.2).

SIP trunk is using TCP/UDP (port 5060). TLS is not use.

Currently we can place calls from 8945 video phones to a virtual meeting room on the 4520 MCU and we get two way video.

The MCU reports received video as being H.264, 352x288 (CIF) enhanced to 704x576 (4CIF).

When we upgarde the MCU software to the latest version, 4.4 (3.67), or in fact any newer version than currently installed, we no longer get video received from 8945 at the MCU.

It does not downgrade call to audio call. The incoming video snapshot on the MCU shows all black. Outgoing video to 8945 is absolutely fine.

The receive stream on the MCU from the 8945 now just shows H.264 (nothing else after that).

We need to upgarde our MCU for other reasons, so we need to resolve this issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know of a resolution?

Thanks in advance

Shane

2 Replies 2

Pinkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shane,

Under the settings (Settings, Conferences), there is an option for the MCU to "Enable resolutions above CIF to be sent to Cisco Unified CM". Is this enabled and does changing this make any difference? I know you mentioned receive video but worth checking this too.

Another thing you can try is to add a sip "endpoint" in with the IP Address of Call Manager. Change transmitted video resolutions to "4:3 resolutions only" and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Pinkesh

Hi Pinkesh,

Many thanks for your response.

Although niether of your suggestions resolved the issue, It allowed me to rule them out. The advice about adding the CUCM as a SIP endpoint on the MCU is also very helpful, a great way of controlling the the communications with it from the MCU side. Thanks.

Still no video from 8945 to MCU though. (well, not stictly true, it doesn't show 'no-video' it shows black video.)