cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility issue between Polycom RMX and ISDN GW 3241

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I had some problems connecting thru a ISDN GW 3241 to a Polycom RMX bridge. The call connected with no issues and the video was working fine. The issue I have is with DUO VIDEO. For some reason, when I try to send content to this RMX bridge, it is not received. We did the same test over IP or over a standard ISDN system and everything works fine. There seems to be a problem with the way the 3241 GW deals with content. Can you confirm if it is h.239 compliant? I tested with version 2.1 (1.49) and version 2.2 (1.79) on the ISDN gateway with the same results. Everything works fine over IP and over a standard BRI system (6000 MXP). Let me know if you are familiar with the problem. THX!

P.S.: we made sure that h.243 chair control was disabled in the ISDN Gateway

1 Reply 1

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Steve

What release of the RMX Bridge are you using?

On the RMX Software version 7.8 the bridge does not allow multiple resolution content transcoding.

RMX Software Version 8.1.7.5 there is a new feature that supports multiple content resolutions from endpoints and does content transcoding per endpoint.

I my test lab I made an ISDN call from a Tandberg 6000MXP, registered to a VCS control, out of my 3241 ISDN Gateway to an RMX running v7.8 with PRI card installed for ISDN dialin. When I try send content the content is played as a back image and the RMX does not receive the due video stream.

The second test I made an ISDN call from the same 6000MXP to an RMX bridge running v8.1.7.5 and the content was received with no issues. Due video negotiated with no problems.