Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I deployed a TelePresence system with:

- 02 CUCM.

- 01 TelePresence Conductor.

- 01 Virtual TelePresence Server.

Throught this guide, I configured:

- SIP Trunk from CUCM to TP Conductor (Rendezvous) and Route pattern to make call.

- Conference bridge and Conference Bridge Pools, Conference

- Conference templates and conference aliases.

- User for connect.

- Add TP License for CUCM; release key, call session for Conductor; Screen License for VTS.

My test case:

- 01 Device SX10 call to Conference room by route pattern 6188 with Gateway/Route List is 'Rendezvous_Trunk'.

- In Conductor, make 'Rendezvous Meeting' by alias '(6...)@.*'-'\1.rendezvous_mtg' with templates 'HD Service'.

- 'HD Service' have conference bridge 'To_VTS'.

State of link/trunk:

- Trunk from CUCM to TP Condutor:Time Up: 0 day 1 hour 29 minutes.

- Conference Bridge in TP Conductor:Enabled and Status: Active.

But the call cannot success with message 'Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again, or ask your operator for assistance.'

I see this logs in VTS: 

280 08:23:13.256  APP Info conference "6188.rendezvous_mtg": deleted via API (no participants) 
279 08:22:21.505  APP Info conference "6188.rendezvous_mtg" created 

And the TP Conductor has 3 alarms:

- Conference bridge missing Encryption feature key:One or more conference bridges are missing the Encryption feature key. This is required for all TelePresence Conductor B2BUA links. 
- TelePresence Server license resource warning:An individual TelePresence Server's license usage is approaching or has reached full capacity 
- TelePresence Server pool license resource warning:TelePresence Server pool license usage is approaching or has reached full capacity 

I miss Encryption license, the time in Conductor and VTS not same (because VTS using GMT time and cannot change its).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thanhduytran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In Telepresence Conductor Unified CM deployment guide x.24

in page 17 you can find regards the encryption key

Task 8:
Installing an encryption key
The TelePresence Server has the ability to use a secure connection for communications. These security features are enabled with the Encryption option key. You must install the option key in order for this deployment to work.

this is related to the mechanism how Conductor and TP server talk to each other. it can only talk secure SIP (TLS).

We tested it in our lab, without encryption key it didn't work.

if you can ask cisco, let them answer and share their reply

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

in the conductor, for Rednezvous template make the quality 360 and check if it is working.

I have similar issue due to licensing limitation.

refer to Table 9 in the below datasheet

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-server/data_sheet_C78-7287571.pdf

HTH

Anas

Hi Anas,

I try change the quality to 360 but it isn't working..

I added screen license for VTS ...

Another idea ???

can you share me your software versions ?

also remove the encryption from the template, make non secure

one more thing, check the location. make them all the same one (e.g Hub-none)

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate helpful posts

My software versions:

- CUCM 10.5.1 (10.5.1.10000-7).

- TelePresence Conductor XC2.4.1.

- Virtual TelePresence Server 4.0(2.8).

I think maybe you right (because it has warning:One or more conference bridges are missing the Encryption feature key. This is required for all TelePresence Conductor B2BUA links. )

But how i can remove the encryption from the template ? I don't show any setting about security or encryption from "Conference Template".

This is the log of unsuccessfuly call into Conductor:

StateInactive
Start time2014-11-12 17:31:50
End time2014-11-12 17:31:56
Duration6 seconds
Disconnect reason summary404 Not Found
Disconnect reason detailsB2BUA generated 404 Not Found due to a TLS failure on the Egress
Tag

2b378273-815d-4685-8aec-a0124de6e6fc

Because When I order, the Encryption License in the VTS is the options (and don't require),I don't buy this.

All Devices (SX10, Trunk) are in the same location (Hub-none).

thanks,

Hi,

the Virtual TelePresence Server should have encryption key. without encryption key the conference will not work.

this is because the traffic between conductor and TP server should be TLS (encrypted), you don't have anyother option.

for encryption key, if you have it just install it in TP server. if not consult your cisco representative.

HTH

Anas

Hi Anas

I don't agree with you.

I think Encryption Key is the OPTIONS - very important key, but 'the option' means that you should configure your system without its (maybe it run not good)

If the system not run without this key, i think Cisco should be intergrate its into VTS.

Hi,

encryption when you integrate conductor with VCS and it is mandatory when you use CUCM.

because of this situation, you can find encryption as an option.

Did you solve your issue without installing encryption key ?

HTH

Anas

Oh,

Can you take me any document of Cisco to prove that:

"encryption when you integrate conductor with VCS and it is mandatory when you use CUCM."

Because if it the true, i will raise its to Post-Sales of Cisco.

they don't check my BOM when i order to warn me.

many thanks

Hi,

In Telepresence Conductor Unified CM deployment guide x.24

in page 17 you can find regards the encryption key

Task 8:
Installing an encryption key
The TelePresence Server has the ability to use a secure connection for communications. These security features are enabled with the Encryption option key. You must install the option key in order for this deployment to work.

this is related to the mechanism how Conductor and TP server talk to each other. it can only talk secure SIP (TLS).

We tested it in our lab, without encryption key it didn't work.

if you can ask cisco, let them answer and share their reply

HTH

Anas

Hello,
I have simillar issue with Telepresence Conductor and Telepresence Server. When I'm calling Meeting conference alliases, received Busy signal. In the logs I seen: TelePresence Server pool exceeds license capacity: Unable to create conferences as insufficient TelePresence Server license resource is available in pool. 

*The Media encryption key is installed in Telepresence Server - version 4.4(1.9)

*In Telepresence Server: License Mode - Screen Licensed

*In Telepresence Server: Screen License - 0
I have no other license keys for this server.

*Scheduled conference is set to No in Conductor Conference Template.

Why I receive such error?

You don't have any screen licenses installed on the TelePresence Server, or you don't have any Multiparty licenses installed and/or it's not enabled on Conductor.

• Screen licenses are installed on TelePresence Server (1 SL = 1 participant).
  • Multiparty Licneses (PMP or SMP) are installed on Conductor (1 PMP/SMP = 1 conference with unrestricted participants up to the available capacity of the hardware).

Hi Patrick,
I have 35 Personal Multiparty (PMP) Licenses in Conductor but for Telepresence Server I have only PAK for e-Delivery Virtual TS Lic and I've already use it. Is that the correct licenses:

LIC-VTS-PMP-PAK                1               0                   0 
LIC-AES-VTS-PMP-K9             1               0                   0 
LIC-VTS-PMP-K9                 1               0                   0

If you have Multiparty licenses isntalled, the number of screen licenses on the TelePresence Server will display as 0, however you should instead see the "Multiparty licensed" just above that.  If you don't see Multiparty licensed, than you'll need to enable Multiparty licensing on Conductor, under Maintenance > Option keys.

I see 0 without Multiparty licensed in TS nad I have MP in Conductor.