cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Factory

equinox198
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to restrict the Conference Factory feature to a certain subset of devices?

Is there also a way to hide the SIP address of multiway from the outside world?

4 Replies 4

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

You could use Dial Rules, restricting these to the subzones you want to allow searches. For external participant you can add a search rule witch replaces the alias with do-not-route, target the search rule to the local zone and select stop if the rule matches.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

Paul,

Would it be possible to give me an example or walk me through this in more detail?

the question is what is your challenge.

Regards reachability of the conference factory alias, I never checked if the remote/to be joined party

also needs to access that or if its redirecting it directly to the result of the conference factory, but

this should be checked before it surprises you that joining participants is failing.

Regards the capability to reach this alias, check out the vcs admin guide. Call policy scripts (CPL)

can be also of your interest.

Anyhow, to use the conference factory you need to have the mcu be reachable and it has to auto

create conferences, this is where I see more the issue in that kind of deployment.

I would look into the conductor, that might be the better way to go!

Check out the conductor documentation for more info.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

You have two ways to allow multiway only be reached from your endpoints:
1. allow only authenticated enpoints to call multiway@%localdomains%
2. allow only endpoints with the Named Source Local Zone

If you authenticate your endpoints correctly you have to set up a search rule which has set "Request must be authenticated" to yes and as regex alias multiway@%localdomains%. As target use Local Zone. So this would be the search rule for your authenticated enpoints.
To block all other participants from reaching the conference factory you can add a second rule after the authenticated users:
Requests must be authenticated to no, alias patter match regex "multiway@%localdomains%" and replace to "--do-not-route-this-call--" with target Local zone and On successfull match Stop.

So the first rule would match all authenticated users and route your call to the conference factory.
For all other users the second rule would match and try to route the call to a non existent alias. The result will be a 404 not found and the VCS will stop procesing call rules.

If you didn't configure authentication you can also use Source Named: Local Zone instead of "Request must be authenticated" yes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul