Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Conference layout control with EX60/MX200

Hi all, I'm experiencing some difficult controlling conference layout when using MX200 and EX60s. The user guide demonstrates being able to change the conference layout from the touch pad however I can seem to find this function, is it possible some configuration I’m missing on the endpoint / CUCM / MCU?

I’m using TC7.1.4 on the endpoint, CUCM 9.1.2 and a MCU5320.

I’m also experiencing problems when trying to add video calls in conferences using 9951 with the USB camera. Some participant lose video other lose audio.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Rob

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

If you have it enabled on

If you have it enabled on your MCU, you should be able to adjust the conference layout using FECC or DTMF.

As per the MCU documentation in the "Changing Layout" section:

1. Press * to show the in call menu
  2. Press 1. My actions
  3. Press 5. Change layout
  4. Press 2 Next layout view or 8. Previous layout view (repeatedly) to cycle through the available layouts until you find the one that is suitable.  On this menu you can also select which participant occupies the biggest portion og the display.
  5. Wait for the in call menu to hid itself or press 000 to hide it immediately.

I've just tried it here on a 4220 and a 5320 and it works fine from my EX90.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Community Member

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply, I'm still having problems getting it to work seemlessly. If the layout control works I lose audio or video from the enpoints.

I have followed the cisco documentation but still seem to have no joy. Can you let me know how your lab is configured and what SW your devices are running please?

Regards,

Rob

VIP Purple

Running TC7.1.4 on the EX90,

Running TC7.1.4 on the EX90, 4220 and 5320 MCUs are both running 4.5(1.45) - and it's not in a lab, it's a live environment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne
--
Community Member

Thanks, I have followed the

Thanks, I have followed the MCU deployment guide and configured a media resource group for the MCU, however I still can't get this function working without isssues such as loose either audio or video from at least one participant (and thats testing with 3).

Is there any extra config which is missed on the deployment guide?

Regards,

Rob

VIP Purple

As mentioned in my earlier

As mentioned in my earlier post, you have to have the capability enabled on your MCU for the conference.

In the configuration of the conference you dial in to, you will see a "Participant controls" section.  Set the "Layout control via FECC/DTMF" option (ours is set to "FECC with DTMF fallback").

That should do the trick.

Wayne
--
Community Member

Really appreciate the

Really appreciate the advise but I'm still really struggling with getting this configuration working. I either lose video or voice is there the MCU and media resource group on CUCM are configured as the guide stipulate.

I'm running the same version on the MCU and EX/MX endpoints as you. CUCM is version 9.2.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content