Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure VCS from a web page

Hi,

I'm tryng to build an elementary web page from which to configure some parameters of a VCS Expressway .

Precisely, I would like to execute this terminal command:

xConfiguration Call Services CallsToUnknownIPAddresses: Off

using an XML call.

I tried something like this:

https://192.168.1.99/formputxml?xmldoc=<Configuration><Call><Services><CallsToUnknownIPAddresses>Off</CallsToUnknownIPAddresses></Services></Call></Configuration>

but, after input hte correct username/password, the web page answer is "None".

Any suggestion?

Maybe this is not possible for security reasons?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have Advanced Account Security enabled on your VCS?  According to the Administrator Guide, if this is enabled, the command line interface (CLI) and API access are unavailable.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No, I have not Advance Security option key.

P.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your syntax looks ok for the generic TANDBERG api and also the formputxml uri seems to exist on the VCS.

I tried to find some official API guide for the VCS but I did not succeed. Also the generic VCS doc or online help

is very silent about hat.

I also did not succeed with that request. If its critical for you you could ask Cisco TAC what the expected behavior

should be and then if neccessary file a feature request.

That said, why dont you use putxml and POST?

With your XML in the request and that works fine for me (Off, Direct, ...)

Result:

(and I also checked that the value got changed)

From the endpoint api guide:

Using HTTP POST

When sending configurations and commands to the codec, it is important that the HTTP header Content-Type is set to text/xml, i.e. Content-Type: text/xml. The body of the POST should contain the XML content.

Example 1: Changing the system name. Request

POST /putxml

HTTP/1.1

Content-Type: text/xml

Connection: close

newName

If you have questions on how yo use post, check with google first, there should be plenty of guides,

even with CURL or WGET and sure for (scripting) languages or whatever you use as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: