Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connect PrecisionHD Camera 1080p "C series camera" to edge 95 MXP codec

Hi All,

I’ve a customer has Edge 95 MXP, the edge 95 PrecisionHD Camera 720 was broken by him, the support can’t repair it or replace duo to this is misuse, unfortunately this camera type end of sale so he can’t new one from Cisco.

I tried to connect 95 PrecisionHD Camera 1080p to the codec (video from camera HDMI to codec DVI) done fine.

The problem is the control cable I tried Edge 95 camera control not working. C series camera control not working too, is there any way control the codec from the C series camera?

Best Regards

Ahmad Hassan

• TelePresence
1 REPLY

Re: Connect PrecisionHD Camera 1080p "C series camera" to edge

Hi Ahmad,

In my opinion, this setup it is not expected to work, because this serial interface of Edge 95 MXP was design to provide video, power and camera control, it has an especial pinout. However, when using Precision HD 1080P camera, its serial interface is designed to have only power and camera control, not video. Therefore, I think that the pinout does not match.

I cannot point some reference on Cisco documentation saying explicitly "It does not work", however, if you look at the User Guide for Precision HD camera, it only talks about SX and C Series:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

I suggest you to contact your local Cisco representative to negotiate with Cisco TAC in order to replace the camera via RMA process.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Views
Helpful
Replies