cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting a SIP external VTC to a VCS

Bpoling2008
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble connecting a external E20 VTC to a VCS. I am some what new to these VTC machines and would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will end to enter a SIP URI with the domain you were provided ( xxx@domain.com). The administrator of the VCS may have locked down which URI's  you can register with  and may also have enabled authentication.

Yes you will also need to specify the VCS FQDN or IP as the proxy.

Suggest you speak to the VCS administrator to get then to verify the URI you can use. Once registered you will also need to consider phonebook as your users wont want to type in URI for every call. Best to add youR E20 to TMS of the VCS provider assuming you will be calling that organisation primarily

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would recomend that you start by reading some of the docs.

For you a good start point could be:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-0.pdf

You find more links to the cisco tp documentation (vcs, tms, e20, ..) here:

http://www.tandberg.com/support/video-conferencing-documentation.jsp

As you did not say more about your deployment its hard to say more for now.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

Can you verify the E20 registers correctly if you place it on the internal network with the VCS Control ?

Im assuimg you are using a VCS Expressway externally. As long as you have the SIP domain that is specified in the E20 URI configured and the appropriate ports allowed  to the VCS Expressway it should register

Do you see any registration attempts in the logs of the  VCS Expressway

Currently we have no VCS Expressway internally which is why we are trying to get the E20 to connect externally so i have no way of checking your first question, about the second part i have inputed the domain that the distance end in charge of the VCS gave me but i left the URI option blank in the E20 no sure what to put there, would the domain name also need to be there?

Also there are no registration attempts in the logs, would i need to input the VCS's IP address in the SIP profile 1 proxy? All the ports that need to be open to allow the VTC to talk are open on the firewall but for some reason it would send the registration packet still.

You will end to enter a SIP URI with the domain you were provided ( xxx@domain.com). The administrator of the VCS may have locked down which URI's  you can register with  and may also have enabled authentication.

Yes you will also need to specify the VCS FQDN or IP as the proxy.

Suggest you speak to the VCS administrator to get then to verify the URI you can use. Once registered you will also need to consider phonebook as your users wont want to type in URI for every call. Best to add youR E20 to TMS of the VCS provider assuming you will be calling that organisation primarily

Thank you Garvan for the help inputed the URI in there and had to make a quick change to the proxy and everything worked.

Hi Brandon!

As long as ALL your endpoints and the vcsc are not on public ip addresses and you have proper firewall

openings forget it. As soon as one system is not it will break everything.

An other option can be to use a VPN to your internal network, but be remindet that you add additional

overhead, packet wise as well as cpu related.

The proper deployment if you have to deal with "the internet" and or NAT is the VCS Expressway.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: