cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Server - Error: Verifying option keys, Option key doesn't match serial

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Have been getting these error messages on our new Content Server from the Content Engine Server Logs way before we received the new unit and after we received it.  so it was there at Cisco site.  Wondering if this can be ignored or anyway to get rid of the message?

Error: Verifying option keys, Option key doesn't match serial [option_key = 115361R5-1-XXXXXXXX, serial = XXXXXXXX] - Ignoring option key

Warning: Verifying option key, Invalid option key - Verification failed

Error: Verifying option keys, Option key doesn't match serial [option_key = 115361L2-1-XXXXXXXX, serial = XXXXXXXX] - Ignoring option key

Thanks

Anthony

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The keys itself look like the standard 2Live and 5Recording sessions.

When you go to: Management > Diagnostics > Server Overview

which keys are shown there as beeing active? The same or different ones?

I see that you can add keys, but I did not see anything on how to remove it via the webinterface.

Which licenses would you expect to have and is the server working for you?

Did you check which licenses are listed for the serial number?

I just checked on a tandberg content server with base licsneses and that one has:

Cisco Product Name    Tandberg Item Number    Shipped SW    Orig. rel. key

LIC-TCS-5.0-K9:     S42300:SW TANDBERG Content Server     S3.2     XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LIC-TCS-2L:     115361L2:Add. 2 live output streams          115361L2-1-XXXXXXXX

LIC-TCS-5R:     115361R5:Add. 5 recording calls          115361R5-1-XXXXXXX

In doubt I would open a case towards TAC (or maybe Licensing) and ask them whats going on wrong there.

I am going to send you a private message

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Anthony.  If you run the repair on the TCS, does it generate any errors or warnings?

Patrick, how do you run repair on the TCS?

thanks

HI Anthony - You would have to RDP to TCS.  Once in, navigate to Add/Remove Programs and choose the Cisco Telepresense Content Server Application.  Once you click on it, you will have two radio buttons: 1 for repair and 1 to remove.  Make sure to run the Repair and to not remove the application.  You may get some warnings, but looking for anything involving SN, Keys, MD5 or anything if it comes up.  Afterwards, would try and re-apply your keys.  Let us know how it turns out. 

Thanks.

VR

Patrick

Thanks for the info Patrick

but the issue is not that our existing option keys did not work, I believe it did.  The issue was on the server event log it keep reporting those option keys are not valid from the very beginning when the box came live (meaning before it reached our office).  so the question was do i ignore these errors and continue on? or anyway to get rid of them.  what you are suggesting on the repair process is that afterwards i would need to re-enter the option keys cause the repair will wipe them out?

HI Anthony - I may have misunderstood then.  Repair won't wipe the keys, it will make a system check and verify a few things on the TCS.  Odd to me that it was shipped this way.  What version of TCS is it? Still would like to know the outcome of the repair process if possible though. 

VR

Patrick

this is the 2nd generation TCS that we received recently from the upgrade promo.  it was running version 5.0 and have upgraded to 5.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: