Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling SX20 via IP with Crestron

andygwiazda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck controlling an SX20 via IP/telnet with a Crestron control system? Is this possible? I've seen posts elsewhere saying that it's possible, but I'm not able to make it work. I can send commands to the unit over telnet with Putty, but the unit won't accept commands through my control system via telnet. I have telnet turned on in the codec - is there anything else (settings, configurations, etc) that I have to do in the codec to make this work?

Thanks,

Andy G

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, there are no additional settings you need to do on the codec to make it work.

If you're using the same username and password as you do when you do it manually, it should work.

Perhaps there's an issue with the coding of your control system.  You could try ssh instead of telnet too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

david_ward
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - were you able to control the SX20 via Crestron?  If so, what was the issue?  

Our programmers have told me that the issue they ran into was that Crestron requires a telnet password, but the SX20 did not provide one.  Looking at the admin guide, it appears that you can enable a root user password.  I am wondering if this would help with the Crestron communication.

We are about to deplay another SX20 with a Crestron DMPS-300 and am hoping to have a solution before hand.

Thanks,

Dave Ward

Please note that the "root" account is no longer available with the newer versions of firmware.

It wouldn't likely give you the access level you need to control the device anyway, you'll need to use an "admin" account and password.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.