Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Converting from MSE 8510 to 8710 and Conference Factory

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

If I currently have my VCS configured for Conference Factory.Multiway for use with an 8510 MCU and convert my 8510 to an 8710, will the conference factory still work for my jabber users with ad-hoc multipoint after the upgrade? Is there any changes on the 8710 after the upgrade is complete to fix?

1 REPLY

Converting from MSE 8510 to 8710 and Conference Factory

Hey Douglas,

if I recall it right there is no auto creating of conferences. I also never really liked the old style multiway

for various reasons.

The 8710 plays its benefits with the conducter (resource optimization) and the conductor is also the

answer for multiway calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_Multiway_Deployment_Guide_X7-2_XC2-2.pdf

I do not know the size and kind of your deployment. Please reach out to your Cisco partner or contact

regards the conductor, there might be some interesting lizensing models for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies