cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy configurations between like telepresence systems

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible, using TMS, or other method, to copy configurations from one system to another?  I have 10 new SX20s to deploy that I would like to be set up exactly the same (different H323 info, of course).  Can Persistent settings be used to copy a config to create a template?

Darren

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I usually configure one, then log in to the CLI and take a dump of the xconfig. Edit the required details and paste it back in to a CLI session on each of the new ones. Wayne -- Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes, this is how I do things too.

I asked this very question several years back and I can't quite believe there is no simple way to do this in TMS (as far as I know) which is where you would have thought that such an operation would take place.

Cheers

Chris

Have you considered using configuration templates?  It would require you to setup one template yes, but once done, it's just a matter of pushing it out via TMS.  Good thing is that you can edit or update the template and push it out over and over to configure endpoints as you need.  Quicker than logging into CLI of each endpoint.

Patrick, you're right, I could build a template.  I was just asking why there isn't an easier way.  You would think by now I could build a template from an existing system.

That would be nice, like the ability to take the configuration xml file from the codec and upload it to TMS to generate a template from it.

I asked that question a few years ago as well. Looks like no one is listening.......