Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Zones Rules for registered end-points in H.323

cesar.barbaroto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Someone can help me, I need create a Subzone on VCS Control that will receive the register in H.323 of my devices.

The field H.323 on the endpoint, has only the alias (E.164) configured and  don´t have @xxxxxxxx

I noted that when I do not configure the @xxxxxxx, my endpoints will not register to the new created subZone.

I should create in the Subzone membership rules, a especific search rule with  @xxxxxx.

Eg. xxxxxx@cisco.com?

Tks

Cesar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So the domain in your image was just a test?  I'm confused as you mention you don't have a SIP domain configured, yet you say it works if you enable a SIP domain?  In either case, if you do use a domain (for either H323 or SIP), be sure to escape the periods with a backslash in front of them.

The only way I can get a regex pattern to work is:

105510\d{2} - which will allow any 8 digit number that starts with 105510

Can't get it to limit specifically the 10551000-10551030 range.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll create a subzone membership rule based off the format of the alias the endpoint will register to the VCS with.

Are you using a subzone now, and are the endpoints registering to it, if so, what is the membership rule you have in place?

Can you provide some examples of the formatting of the E.164 or H323 aliases you'd like to be using.  We can try to help make a rule based on a regular expression (regex) that will match what the endpoints try to register with.  Also, this document: 130073-Regular Expression.pdf will help in understanding regular expressions when creating rules such as this.

Hello Patrick,

My endpoints are registred only H.323 with alias: 1055xxxx, without "@domain"

When I am using the string 1055xxxx@domain, registred in SIP to VCS I don't have problems!

The problem is when I have my endpoint registred in H.323, follows a print screen of the registration in SIP, which works.

This kind of configuration only work when I use SIP or I can use the same configuration when I register in  H.323?

I don't know if you know, but to work around your issue is to apply a second membership rule for H323 registrations, as a subzone can have multiple membership rules, sorted by priority.

You should consider changing your current regex pattern to be (.+)@totalpresence\.com\.br so that the periods (.) within the domain are taken literally by inserting a backslash (\) before them, so that they aren't thought of as anything else then a period, as a period is simply considered as any single character.

If you don't care who gets registered to that subzone, you could specify all domains by using %localdomains%, or a specific domain using %localdomain#% (where # relates to the SIP domains configured on your VCS).  Could save you some typing and trying to make sure the domain is configured correctly in the regex rule.

Hello Patrick,

My VCS Control don´t have SIP domain configured, my endpoint has default alias 10551000 up to 10551030

To works, I able only when enable SIP domain.

Can you give a example to create a Subzone membership rule, for H.323 ?

Tks,

Cesar

So the domain in your image was just a test?  I'm confused as you mention you don't have a SIP domain configured, yet you say it works if you enable a SIP domain?  In either case, if you do use a domain (for either H323 or SIP), be sure to escape the periods with a backslash in front of them.

The only way I can get a regex pattern to work is:

105510\d{2} - which will allow any 8 digit number that starts with 105510

Can't get it to limit specifically the 10551000-10551030 range.

Hello Patrick,

Yes, the image that I sent to you it was just a test, my VCS environment work just if I enable a SIP domain. But, my VCS don´t have a SIP Domain configured by security polices of my company.

Can I configure a regex pattern using your example for a VCS configured only to works with H.323?

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your help!

It´s works fine righ now!

Tks,

Cesar