Views
Helpful
Replies

CTMS to CUVC interoperability

Mathfar_rhc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All;

I'm trying to connect CTS-3000 rooms to legacy VC units, but the problem I'm facing right now is that the CTMS only sends on room stream at a time.

So, at the legacy VC units you'll see the last CTS room only.

Is there any solution to display all the CTS rooms in the CUVC conference screen?

Also, a related issue that when having a session between CTS3000 room with a CTS500 room only the active speaker (segment) of the CTS3000 room will be displayed at the CTS500 screen, is there any way to display al the segments (speakers) of the CTS3000 room on the CTS500 screen?

Thanks

Modafar

2 Replies 2

If I understand what you are saying correctly, then this is expected/designed behavuiour.  CTMS only sends the active speaker to CUVC.  From what I've seen, most people prefer active speaker switching as it gives a more "life like" experience.

If you are having a point-to-point conference, CTS 1.74 and above now supports native interop so that would probably be prefferable to CUVC.

Hello Nick;

Thanks for your reply.

In the matter of fact, I've a user who is using the CTS500 who wants to see all of the six participants on a CTS3000 room at the same time.

with a point-to-point conference, the CtS500 only shows the active speaker segment, so, I tried to make the conference over a CUVC which provides some conference layout options (unlike the CTMS) and distribute the participants to other already available CTS3000 rooms, at this point I was shocked by the fact that CTMS only sends the active speaker to CUVC.

As a work around I've tried to make Adhoc meetings at the CUVC and make CTS3000 rooms to dial into different conference numbers. But, again BW limitation on the CUVC caused on of the rooms to have 191KB BW and not been visable at the conference(black screen instead).

So, Does any one knows if there is any way to display all the segments (speakers) of the CTS3000 room on the CTS500 screen?

Thanks

Modafar