Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CTS 3010 - PWRESET - ACCESS DENIED

Hi there,

I am hoping that someone maybe able to shed some light or point me in a direction for a resolution for the following issue.

We as a company have recently taken ownership of 4 x TP units (2 x 3010 CTS & 2 x 1300) that were leased on a managed services contract to us.  The managed services provider reset the password for the 3 of the units, but are unable to reach the final unit, which is a CTS 3010.

They are unwilling to give us the username and password for the unit as its a standard password they use on all their hosted TP suites across the world.  Under instructions from them we have been trying to reset the password using the following CiscoDoc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/1_7/admin/guide/ctsadmin_cfg.html#wp1064537

However, this is where the issue is,

pwrecovery

pwreset

login as: pwrecovery

pwrecovery@10.250.128.204's

password:

Access denied

pwrecovery@10.250.128.204's

password:

I have tried all different combinations of usernames & passwords to no avail.  We really do not want to have to do a factory reset otherwise the units will need to be rebalanced and re-calibrated.

Any help I would appreciate.

Thanks

David

1 REPLY
VIP Green

CTS 3010 - PWRESET - ACCESS DENIED

Hi David,

The procedures for resettings SSH and/or the Codec passwords are detailed in this document.  If that doesn't work, the document says:

If you encounter any difficulty, open a case with Technical Assistance Center (TAC) via the Internet at

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/, or contact your Cisco technical support representative

and provide the representative with the information you have gathered about the problem.

Another option would be asking the previous managed services company, if they won't tell you the password, to see if they'll come on site and type the credentials in for you?  Not likely, but could be worth asking - seeing they didn't disengate that last unit properly...

Good luck.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content