Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 3210 Firmware Downgrade

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Good day,

we were asked to upgrade a customer's CTS 3210 firmware from 1.6.7 to 1.7.6. They are also running CUCM 7.0.2

The customer advised that this was to enable proper polycom interpoerability and we went ahead and installed the file on the TFTP server of CUCM, restarted the TFTP service and proceeded to reset the endpoint.

the upgrade went through however the phone stated a version mismatch. Of course, the first step should have been to check the compatibility matrix. whe nwe did, we noticed that the CUCM version seemed to not be supported for the specific firmware level.

we proceeded to re-specify the orginial phone load in CUCM and reset the CTS again however, it does not take the originial 1.6.7 firmware.

we also did a factory reset but the active load was still 1.7.6.

if possible, can someone inidicate the proper procedure in reverting to the 1.6.7 firmware, if it can be done?

we will be upgrading the CUCM to 8.5 next week in any event.

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

antigles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I agree that 1.7.6 is not supported with CUCM 7.0.2, but I am still under the impression the "version mismatch" you saw on the phone was just MIDlets complaining that you still had 1.6 midlets on the phone and 1.7 on the codec. Having upgraded midlets should have fixed that. What would actually work and wouldnt work I am not sure.

Being that said, the downgrade to 1.6.7 you are attempting should work fine. Procedure for downgrading is the same as for upgrading, jsut entering the load name you wish to go to.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

antigles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I agree that 1.7.6 is not supported with CUCM 7.0.2, but I am still under the impression the "version mismatch" you saw on the phone was just MIDlets complaining that you still had 1.6 midlets on the phone and 1.7 on the codec. Having upgraded midlets should have fixed that. What would actually work and wouldnt work I am not sure.

Being that said, the downgrade to 1.6.7 you are attempting should work fine. Procedure for downgrading is the same as for upgrading, jsut entering the load name you wish to go to.

Best regards.

Hi,

really appreciate the response. looking around and the same document last night i noticed that the midlet files should have been loaded. when we were downloading the files, the 1.7.6 didnt have any jar and jad files available. the 1.7.5 had them so i should have downloaded 1.7.5 and upgraded to that first correct?

in any event the system is back up, we had to do a factory reset as it wasnt taking the phone load even when we specified.

as you may have noticed its the first time doing this and we assumed it would have been the same as any other phone firmware upgrade, which essentially it was with the exception of the phone attached

thanks a mil again and chalk one up, again, as a learning experience.

Hi,

Glad to see all is fine by now.

Choosing the midlets can be a bit confusing. If there were no jar and jad available for download on the 1.7.6 section of the download page you have to search one by one on the previous relases in reverser order 1.7.5,1.7.4, etc until you find one containing midlets and take the midlet only from there. On your example you would haev taken CTS.1-7-6-4R-K9.P1.sbn for the codec and TSPM-1.7.4-P1-2S.jad and TSPM-1.7.4-P1-2S.jar for the midlets (apearing under 1.7.5 section).

Best regards.

i spoke too soon though. the CTS is setting the left and right on the old verion (factory 1.6) and the others are fine at 1.7.6. i updated the midlets to pint to the new file name under service url but still saying mismatched.

currently rebooting entire system again.