Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-MAN 1.6 - problem with CUCM

a.klessa
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a problem with my new fresh CTSMAN installation. the problem is to discover ROOMs in CUCM

the connection to cucm is verified with a status OK, but can't discover any CTSes configured. CUCM is a standalone server - publisher.

system log is:

Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM '10.202.68.12'  because java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.

Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM  'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.

22 Jan 2010 09:58:37,587 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] ccm.CCMClientAdapter (sendMessage:314) - Request Failed.... Fault received: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out TrustStore :null
22 Jan 2010 09:58:37,768 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverPublisherSubscribers:623) - Failed to discover publisher or subscriber nodescom.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
com.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.sendMessage(CCMClientAdapter.java:334)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.sendQueryViaSOAP(CCMClientAdapter.java:586)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getTableDataByQuery(CCMClientAdapter.java:821)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getTableData(CCMClientAdapter.java:807)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.discoverPublisherSubscribers(DiscoveryThread.java:445)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.run(DiscoveryThread.java:204)
22 Jan 2010 10:08:38,120 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] ccm.CCMClientAdapter (sendMessage:314) - Request Failed.... Fault received: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out TrustStore :null
22 Jan 2010 10:08:38,249 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverTimeZoneInformation:301) - Failed to discover time zone information com.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
com.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.sendMessage(CCMClientAdapter.java:334)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.sendQueryViaSOAP(CCMClientAdapter.java:586)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getAllTimeZones(CCMClientAdapter.java:605)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.discoverTimeZoneInformation(DiscoveryThread.java:299)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.run(DiscoveryThread.java:206)
22 Jan 2010 10:08:38,378 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverTimeZoneInformation:357) - No TimeZone information discovered : Empty list null
22 Jan 2010 10:08:38,417 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (run:195) - Cannot schedule Discovery, Reason :-- CCMCOmpatibility: false PublisherValidated: false
22 Jan 2010 10:08:38,417 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (sendDiscoveryFailedMessage:251) - Sending Discovery Failure message/event to all...

22 Jan 2010 10:28:54,330 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] ccm.CCMClientAdapter (sendMessage:314) - Request Failed.... Fault received: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out TrustStore :null
22 Jan 2010 10:28:54,459 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverPublisherSubscribers:623) - Failed to discover publisher or subscriber nodescom.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getTableDataByQuery(CCMClientAdapter.java:821)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getTableData(CCMClientAdapter.java:807)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.discoverPublisherSubscribers(DiscoveryThread.java:445)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.run(DiscoveryThread.java:204)
22 Jan 2010 10:38:54,804 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] ccm.CCMClientAdapter (sendMessage:314) - Request Failed.... Fault received: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out TrustStore :null
22 Jan 2010 10:38:54,941 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverTimeZoneInformation:301) - Failed to discover time zone information com.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.adapter.ccm.CCMClientAdapter.getAllTimeZones(CCMClientAdapter.java:605)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.discoverTimeZoneInformation(DiscoveryThread.java:299)
    at com.cisco.ts.scheduler.server.discovery.DiscoveryThread.run(DiscoveryThread.java:206)
22 Jan 2010 10:38:55,066 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverTimeZoneInformation:357) - No TimeZone information discovered : Empty list null
22 Jan 2010 10:38:55,081 FATAL [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (run:195) - Cannot schedule Discovery, Reason :-- CCMCOmpatibility: false PublisherValidated: false
22 Jan 2010 10:38:55,081 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (sendDiscoveryFailedMessage:251) - Sending Discovery Failure message/event to all...

any idea what is wrong?

best

aleksander

11 Replies 11

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

whats is the cucm version?

do you have a time zone configured on both cucm and ctsman

are you sure that the AXL appuser configured correctly with the required roles in cucm ?

i would recommend you to download pre qualification tool from cco and make sure the connectivity showing successfully to the cucm first to make sure the connectivity and the account configuration are correct

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_manager/1_5/ctm_adminguide/ctm_instalPreQual.html

good luck

cucm version is:

System version: 6.1.3.3190-1

timezone in cts man and cucm configured, however timezone is different on platform, but the same in cts man app and cucm platform

i am sure about the app user

the prequal test pass

best

aleksander

looks strange

do you have any filtering between the CTS Man and the CUCM because from the logs it looks like the connection is failing

CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM

i am not sure but just to make sure no filtering or firewall in the path

i think you may need to open a TAC case for this issue

if you got it resolved please update us here

good luck

05 Jan 2010 20:57:23,886 ERROR [DM-tb-discovery_10.202.68.12] discovery.DiscoveryThread (discoverPublisherSubscribers:623) - Failed to discover publisher or subscriber nodescom.cisco.ts.scheduler.exception.DiscoveryException(2404,DM,CCM_AXL_FAILURE_ERROR,Unable to send AXL message to Unified CM 'java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out' because $2.)

Make sure AXL services are running and under

CUCM System | Server | IP addresses are configured.

Test from IE"

https://ctsman:xxxxxx@10.202.68.12:8443/axl/

where XXXXXX is your password

Let us know

i send https://user:pass@10.202.68.12:8443/axl/

and get a response:

"Cisco CallManager: AXL Web Service

The AXL Web Service is working and accepting requests.  Use HTTP POST to send a request."

however i captured with util network capture real traffic and can see Encrypted Alert between CUCM and CTM

best

aleksander

Can you try to regenerate Tomcat cert in CUCM OS, restart Tomcat use new Cert and test again

We can also capture in CUCM AXL logs and packet capture using utils network capture command

feel free to open a case with us (after 12 pm PST I will grab it)

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

Does your CTS-Man:Discovery Service->Host username/password match your CUCM:User Management->Application User->username/password that has your devices controlled which you expect to be discovered?

i have regenerated tomcat cert, the same

app user is okay

i have cisco SR, and an engineer has contacted BU. but i had no time to debug further.

will inform you about the results.

Hi,

I've the same problem today. Do you have any news about the problem?

Regards,

Pedro Silva

Hi,

I solve my problem, doing this:

CUCM Certificate
– A Cisco Unified Communications Manager certificate is available from Internet Explorer, with
the file extension .der. This certificate was generated when you first installed
Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
– Make a copy of the certificate and place it in a folder that is accessible to the computer that has
browser access to the Cisco TelePresence Manager server.

Regards,

Pedro Silva

finally found a problem.

my CTSMAN is connected via MPLS network and L2TPv3 tunnel to the same switch as CUCM.

and the thing is that CUCM sets DF (dont fragment flag) on ip packets going out, the data send to CTSMAN was too big for MPLS network, so MPLS simply dropped packets.

now, i clear the DF bit and everything is works fine.

best

aleksander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: