Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CTSman back-up

Can someone please confirm :

In a Telepresence environment :

CTSman and CUCM back-up needs to be carried out when there are no active meetings? Is it a mandatory thing, recommended or not required at all.

Does it affect the meetings at all?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CTSman back-up

Anjali,

Thanks for your question. I'll try to answer it, but feel free to let me know if I misunderstand or miss a part of what you are asking.

1. Both the CUCM and CTS-Man backups are designed to be scheduled to take place while the system is in operation. Most customers will schedule these for night or other times of low network utilization, but the backup will not interfere with the operation of the servers, or calls that are going on. (with the expectation that this is a properly sized server, according to the Cisco reccomendations)

2. Backups are reccomended as a part of any good disaster recovery plan, and the frequency depends on the customers needs.

3. In the case of the CTS-Man, a couple other processes will take place at the same time as the scheduled backup. At the time you have a backup scheduled, a CUCM discovery refresh will take place, and a full sync of the exchange or domino server will take place as well. These processes will not impact any calls already scheduled, but in larger environments may delay the processing of new meetings, so we do reccommend the backup be scheduled after hours, or at least in a period of lower usage.

Alan

2 REPLIES

Anjali,

Thanks for your question. I'll try to answer it, but feel free to let me know if I misunderstand or miss a part of what you are asking.

1. Both the CUCM and CTS-Man backups are designed to be scheduled to take place while the system is in operation. Most customers will schedule these for night or other times of low network utilization, but the backup will not interfere with the operation of the servers, or calls that are going on. (with the expectation that this is a properly sized server, according to the Cisco reccomendations)

2. Backups are reccomended as a part of any good disaster recovery plan, and the frequency depends on the customers needs.

3. In the case of the CTS-Man, a couple other processes will take place at the same time as the scheduled backup. At the time you have a backup scheduled, a CUCM discovery refresh will take place, and a full sync of the exchange or domino server will take place as well. These processes will not impact any calls already scheduled, but in larger environments may delay the processing of new meetings, so we do reccommend the backup be scheduled after hours, or at least in a period of lower usage.

Alan

Thanks Alan !!

Views
Helpful
Replies