Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.X with VCS 7.1 Integration

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have a VCS, and MCU4500 with 12 media port lic.  All the Tandeberg endpoints EX90, Profile 52 etc..registered with VCS using h323&SIP.

We have an existing CUCM 7.0 with 99XX series phones.

I know we could integrate both CUCM and VCS using SIP trunk. Can i know how can i configure cisco 99XX phones to do the Multi point conference with Tandberg Endpoints.

Thanks

Bobby

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of the CUCM-registered endpoints support MultiWay conference escalation yet. When they do it will require a new version of CUCM anyways. MultiSite would have to be initiated from the VCS-registered endpoint.

To clarify on Jonathan's comment, CUCM-registered endpoints can be joined to a Multiway conference which is initiated by an endpoint registered on a VCS, while CUCM-registered endpoints currently can't be the Multiway initiator.

Appendix 6 ("Cisco TelePresence Multiway and CUCM") in the current CUCM deployment guide for VCS (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_and_CUCM_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-1.pdf) describes the required configuration steps for making this work.

This deployment guide also describes how to set up the VCS <> CUCM integration for allowing CUCM-registered devices to dial endpoints and conference bridges on the VCS side and vice versa.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

I have followed the document referenced. This only works for me when I force endpoints to do only SIP calls as the default call protocol. Merging calls to Multiway address (initiated from endpoint) fails when endpoints make H323 calls. Anyone have any thoughts what might be wrong?   (CUCM 7.1.3)(VCS X7.0.3)(TMS 13.1.2)

Below is with H323 as default call protocol:

H323 (Setup)

endpoint2@company.com

sip:2157700181@IPADDRESS

Found

H323 (ARQ)

endpoint2@company.com

sip:multiway@company.com

Moved Temporarily

H323 (Setup)

endpoint2@company.com

Found

H323 (ARQ)

Found

H323 (Setup)

endpoint2@company.com

Endpoint1@company.com

Found

H323 (ARQ)

Endpoint1@company.com

Found

Below is with H323 as default call protocol and NetworkServices Multiway Protocol forced to SIP

SIP (INVITE)

endpoint2@company.com

sip:2157700181@IPADDRESS

Found

SIP (INVITE)

endpoint2@company.com

sip:multiway@company.com

Moved Temporarily

H323 (Setup)

endpoint2@company.com

Found

H323 (ARQ)