Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.1, VCS 7.0 and MOVI

smurari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CUCM running version 8.6.1 and a VCS server running version X7.03 and a MOVI client configured to work with the VCS.

My VCS has a 11 digit calling convention and most numbers are of the form 0111512XXXX. I have a SIP trunk from the call Manager to the VCS on port 5060 and correspondingly on the VCS I have a neighboring zone that points to the CUCM in addition to the transforms and the search rules mentioned in the config document.

Also have a route pattern on the CUCM that that says for route patters 0111512XXXX use the sip trunk that goes from the CUCM to the VCS.

The problem I am having is this:

When a device on CUCM like a CTS 500 dials the movi number in a format 01115125001@domain, the call manager does initiate any call.

However when the dialed number is in a format 01115125001, the call manager makes the sip call and everything works fine.

Can somebody please tell me what I am missing on the call manager ? It is important that the format 01115125001@domain be supported, because I have a constraint that my findme URI be number@domain .format.

If anybody has any pointers that would be really great. Totally appreciate it!

--Thanks in advance,

Sindu

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM 8.x does not support URI dialing. You will need to use a transform on VCS to add the appropriate domain.

smurari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for replying to me. I have the necessary transfrom on my vcs that appends a domain if it sees a call of the format dn@IP address to convert to dn@domain.

This is how it looks

The pattern  against which the alias is compared.

Indicates if  the transform is enabled or disabled.
Disabled transforms are  ignored.

Default: Enabled

But when I do a network trace, I don't see anything coming from the cucm to the vcs to even apply the transform, without the @domain format, I see the SIP information coming to the VCS logs.

Thanks,S

Sindu

Sorry,

My previous post got messed up, but I have a transform of the form

171.69.90.84 is the IP of my call manager and vcs.chpdev.com is my SIP domain on the VCS.

Shouldn't this suffice?

Thanks,

Sindu

After re-reading your initial statement I need to adjust my answer:

When a device on CUCM like a CTS 500 dials the movi number in a  format 01115125001@domain, the call manager does initiate any call.

However when the dialed number is in a format 01115125001, the call manager makes the sip call and everything works fine.

This is a URI, not an E.164 number. CUCM 8.x does not support this. Your CUCM-registered endpoints must only dial the E164 portion of the number. You would need to have a more specific transform on VCS that adds the appropriate domain for only this E164 range.

Friend,

You don't need dial "01115125001@domain" from CTS, you need just dial the number, then VCS will put the domain to the dialed pattern (use the suggested transforms).

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Try something like this:

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Maybe I am missing something but wouldn't you be able to create a domain based SIP route pattern in CUCM (Call Routing>SIP Route Pattern) to route calls from the CTS 500?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I think that CTS is only able to dial numbers.